“This place has been a favorite for years”
Review of Cafe Latte

Cafe Latte
Ranked #1 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Manhattan, Kansas
“This place has been a favorite for years”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love the breads! The bread platter for a great lunch to share - the soups and salads. This is just a great place to go to meet friends. I love it! Don't forget the dessert YUM.

Minnesota
“Great desserts!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We bring Cafe Latte cheesecakes and triple layer chocolate cakes to family events and they are always a hit. The only kicker is that they are expensive. Even a single slice gets to be about $6 which adds up fast!

I like the restaurant however rarely eat there as it can be difficult to find a table on the first floor and walking the stairs to the 2nd floor while balancing a tray is difficult. However the food is always good so I try to visit during slow times.

• Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Cafe Latte Has Stood the Test of Time”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Unlike many restaurants that have been around 30 years or more, Cafe Latte is just as delicious and friendly as it was when they opened. Their food is freshly baked or prepared, no processed food. Having to minimize my intake of acidic food, I have no problem finding selections that are healthy as well as apetizing. Their menu keeps up with trends. They also offer varying portions, and the opportunity to try small portions of up to three different salads. This restaurant is cafeteria style, and in addition to many private tables, has a couple of tables which are larger and communal. It is located on Grand Avenue, which consists of several blocks of attractive shops and restaurants. There are no parking meters, which is nice if you are able to snare a spot. If not, there is a parking garage across the street.

Virginia
“The Crowds Tell the Story”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place is ALWAYS crowded. I do not find the place over-priced. Yes, it is pricey but you get what you pay for in this world. I have NEVER been disappointed with the food here. I am a soup and salad lover so this place rocks my world. Whenever we are in the Twin Cities it is on the must visit list. My son and I were recently there and both of us had a bowl of soup with what he called a "yummy" roll. We split a (again, "yummy") small gourmet salad that was big enough for three people. I had a sourdough roll that was worth the price of the soup. Lunch was around $20 for the two of us. We did venture across Grand Avenue to what used to be called "Bread and Chocolate" (now owned by Cafe Latte) and we got a Fabulous Fudge Bar to split and eat later. It was around $2. My son is a big eater and he told me that there was no way he could have eaten the fudge bar by himself.

As I said previously, Café Latte is not cheap. But you don't leave hungry. And you will want to go back again.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Forget about any New Year Resolutions”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Although the salads, soups, and sandwiches are fresh, healthy, and very tasty, I find it impossible to eat at Cafe Latte without having dessert! Their cakes, fresh daily, made on the premises, are simply to die for. The only complaint one could have would be that choosing which one is really difficult! Support a long-established operation with the highest standards all around. You won't be disappointed with anything!

• Visited January 2014

Been to Cafe Latte? Share your experiences!