“What a variety of foods!”
Review of Cafe Latte

Cafe Latte
Ranked #1 of 27 Dessert in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Liked all the choices in the buffet line. And after a healthy, veggie lunch (if you so desire), they have loads of heavenly desserts! The only drawback for me were the stairs to the second floor seating area. There might have been an elevator, but my grandson did the honors for me and carried my tray.

1  Thank Savta3

Reviewed June 4, 2013

For 20 years Cafe Latte has served as the best way to end a night at the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, or to wrap up a date with someone who deserves the chocolate mouse cake. It's a no frills place which happens to serve decadent desserts much later than most other places in a city which shuts down around 7.
The food is always good, and the crowd always there to give the place a vibrancy that sticks with you and makes you want to return.

1  Thank SteelhorseNYC
Reviewed June 3, 2013

On top of their coffee and dessert they also do soup, salad and sandwiches. Lunch is consistly very good though sometimes the wait during the rush times can get a bit long. I choose to avoid the lines and come in the early evening or late at night.

They have great cakes, pies and tarts. I've tried ALOT of their desserts and have yet to be dissapointed so you really can't go wrong with whatever you choose. The perfect end to a date night is a slice of cake and a couple of coffees from Cafe Latte. (The desserts can be very rich so I like to split something with a friend)

I've stopped by Cafe Latte to get entire cakes to go for special events and found the quality, taste and ease of it all wonderful. I'm certain they prefer you call ahead for whole cakes but I've also walked in and ordered one without issue. They were very accommodating.

Overall, it's a great spot!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the place to go for a fantastic slice of cheese cake, german chocolate cake, fruit tarte, or whatever other mouth-wateringly delicious sweet treat you may be craving. My personal favorite was the cheesecake for years, though not long ago I tried the Tres Leche cake for the first time and have never turned back. Unbelievably moist, this slice of sweet, creamy cloud will literally melt within moments of gracing your taste buds. The coffees make an excellent accompaniment, and if you're looking for more of a meal than a dessert their salads and soups are also top-notch.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cafe Latte is my go-to place for a treat for myself or with friends. There is a reason that desserts are placed first! Get one - you can always take it home. They are fabulous. I personally always go fro something chocolate. It's really good with their fresh-brewed ice tea or coffee. They also have a full espresso menu.

Soups, salads, sandwiches - ALL are fresh and tasty. There are many out-of the-ordinary choices. I like getting the salad samplers. The always courteous line staff will also give you small tastes of things. That has helped me find new things I like.

Try to avoid peak meals times. I've never seen this place empty. Parking can be an issue at busy times, but a little walk is good for you.

I think I need to treat myself again soon!