“Old World Fun!”

Ranked #15 of 902 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a step back to your youth in a restaurant where Naugahyde is king, the drinks are strong and the steaks are excellent. Can you get a better steak in Minneapolis/St Paul? Of course you can - but the Strip will cost you $40, the sides $12 and the salad $10. You will pay half that here for a delicious cut of meat served with some style and a lot of attitude. When you are done - head into the enormous bar area and enjoy the company - it does not get better!

There is a reason they have been busy for so many years - they know how to do it right.....

2  Thank David A
There are newer reviews for Mancini's Char House

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have eaten at Mancini's many times when I worked at the Ford Plant I now live South I love every time I go there I met the owner and one of the sons they really take care of you love the pickles to! and the real butter ! service was always excellent I hope to get back up there in the spring I will be there if I do .

D. Lay
Cancer Patient in Louisville Ky

1  Thank amazingthought
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Mancini's has a good reputation with more senior St. Paul people, but I really don't see the attraction. I think the food is pretty ordinary. The service was good, however. And I don't know what that plate full of tomatoes, sliced dill pickles and peppers is all about that one gets before the meal is serviced. The oldies band in the bar has been there forever, I understand, and they do a pretty good job with the old songs.

2  Thank Weh H
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Love love loved Mancini's chop house! First, the steals were 5 star, service great and the old school Vegas style decor as so authentic and amazing... Classy place, old school and fantastic...

1  Thank JskinnyG
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have lived in the St. Paul area for over 15 years, and have heard people talk about Mancinis's but I had never been until a few weeks ago. It lived up to its reputation. I was greeted by a friendly waitress who sat down a bowl of marinated tomatoes, pickles and pepper rings and a basket of garlic bread/toast. The vegetables were unexpected as an appetizer, but were delicious. I had to wait about 30 minutes for a friend to arrive, and the waitress kept stopping back to make small talk, and I never felt rushed to vacate the table. The menu was simple... basically steak, steak/lobster, and chicken, with a choice of potato or vegetable for a side. You also received a basic side salad. The steak was one of the best I’ve had. The meat was tender and well seasoned, and cooked to the doneness I had asked for. The only downside was that the waitress was not very knowledgeable and couldn't answer my questions about their extensive wine menu. She did offer samples, which helped. The owner even stopped by to greet us and ask about our meal. Great restaurant. If you love steak, you can't go wrong.