“Best We Ever Tasted!!”
Review of Mojo Monkey Donuts

Mojo Monkey Donuts
Ranked #3 of 15 Bakeries in Saint Paul
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I have traveled all over the US and are considered to be quite picky when it comes to any food. We tried Mojo about 1 1/2 years ago and have had a donut affair going on ever since. Mojo Monkey Donuts is a MUST HAVE for us, even though we travel about 30 miles one way to get our hands on some of the best tasting creations we've ever experienced. Thank You to the hard working owner who is always there making up fresh batches of heaven. We appreciate your wonderful products and hope everyone who reads this will stop by and taste these delicious treats. It is a MUST to try the Maple Bacon Bars, they are out of this world.
P.S. No matter where your coming from, the drive is well worth it!!

There are newer reviews for Mojo Monkey Donuts

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Everything from the floor to the tables are filthy. They were broom sweeping around the donuts on shelves so the dirt was kicking up. Everyone was rude and the donuts are just okay. Never again!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Finally made it to this place after many months of longing for their donuts (we live in WI and were visiting family). Took advantage of the price cut on a half dozen donuts. Our choices for the day were one each of apple fritter, raised glazed, raised glazed with chocolate icing, creme brulee with banana filling, monkey bread, and a caramel nut cake donut (I can't find the exact name on the menu). My wife considers herself a connoisseur of apple fritters, and she believed that this was the best fritter she'd ever tasted in her life. I agree that it was pretty tasty. You can tell that they use fresh fruit and other ingredients in the donuts.

The experience at Mojo Monkey is pleasant. The small storefront has a handful of tables for those who want to eat-in and enough room for about half a dozen folks to comfortably stand in line to order. Once your order is given to the cashier, it's handed to one of the bakers who handpicks your donuts and places them in a box. When we got home with our donuts, I found some extras in there--notably a handful of their pumpkin donut holes.

The prices are higher than most donut places, but the dozen and half dozen price breaks make it more reasonable--especially if you are ordering some of the premium donuts.

Coffee is always a dollar. I didn't try the coffee since I had already had my joe that morning.

Parking is on the street in front of the store. Easy to drive past, so pay attention!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very excited to have a hip creative business move into the neighborhood. The donuts are 'Voodoo Donut' like (a big name in Portland, OR). Toppings and fillings are creative and really well done. They sell out of the most popular items early, and they're closed shortly after noon - it's not a 24 hr or even all-day donut shop. Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I may not be a donut connoisseur, but these were incredible. Had a Maple Bacon and a Creme Brulee. The donut part was super light and melt in your mouth. The filling and topics were awesome!

The place is small. Limited seating, a couple outdoor tables. Coffee for $1 !