“Creative and awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
MN
“Creative and awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very excited to have a hip creative business move into the neighborhood. The donuts are 'Voodoo Donut' like (a big name in Portland, OR). Toppings and fillings are creative and really well done. They sell out of the most popular items early, and they're closed shortly after noon - it's not a 24 hr or even all-day donut shop. Highly recommend!

Visited October 2013

Iowa
“Best Donuts EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I may not be a donut connoisseur, but these were incredible. Had a Maple Bacon and a Creme Brulee. The donut part was super light and melt in your mouth. The filling and topics were awesome!

The place is small. Limited seating, a couple outdoor tables. Coffee for $1 !

• Visited October 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband picked up a dozen of assorted goodness. Loved the maple bacon!! Service was outstanding. A bit pricey, but worth the splurge.

1 Thank Clairedrew
Minnesota
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I tried this place because I had heard it was rated highly for its donuts. I stopped on a weekday closer to lunchtime so the place was not busy, but here seemed to be a selection of all the donuts except maybe one kind. I actually drove by the place twice before I found it. The storefront is quite small and without the actual street address I think I would have driven by it a 3rd time. I finally parked on the block where I knew it had to be and surprise! I had parked directly in front of it.
I selected 6 different donuts to-go. While my first selection without hesitation was the maple bacon bar, I also got a maple almond cake donut. I have to admit that I wasn't feeling really excited over the maple almond one, but I love maple so I thought I'd give it a try.
I am not an expert on spices but my first bite of that donut reminded me of banana bread or spice cake. My guess would be allspice or some mix common to those. I thought, hmmm, not my favorite or what I was expecting, but then I paired it with a cup of starbucks with a few splashes of half-n-half in it. Oh wow, that was the most delightful experience I've had with coffee and a baked good. I ended up loving that donut - moist, well baked donut. I have to say the maple frosting wasn't as strong as I had hoped, but gosh, it was just sooo good with that coffee.
The maple bacon bar which I saved for the next morning was good, but not great. Realizing I kept it for a day, but that doesn't bother me. Just the flavor didn't have as much maple as I was hoping for.
The banana pecan fritter was very heavy on banana flavor. Good, but like banana if you get this.
Overall, it was good. I'd love to know what specific donuts made this place so popular.
I liked it, but living out of town, this was probably a one-time experience.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Didn't live up to the Internet hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Online they make a big deal about his as one of the best donut places in Saint Paul. You must need to get there at opening. Very little variety when we were there at 1 pm. Sorta blah tiny storefront. Guy was very friendly, attentive and helpful. Prices were reasonable and apple fritters are huge. Worth a stop if you are in the neighborhood but I wouldn't go out of my way again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles