“A good family meal”

Sakana Sushi and Asian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sakana Sushi and Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 923 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were visiting the Maya exhibit at the Science Museum (7/27) and the kids wanted Asian/Sushi for lunch. We chose this restaurant from the scores it received online and were happy we went. We ordered salmon sushi (great) and thai seafood pot (which was super yummy), vegetable lo mein and shrimp lo mein. Service was very good and the food was moderately priced.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Located in the former KFC, this is a newer face in the Highland Park restaurant scene. Expect very high quality sushi and top notch service. I went for the second time and was remembered by my first name. The prices are medium to high, but good sushi isn't cheap. I'd eat there again anytime.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have eaten here several times, as it is in the neighborhood, but the food is consistently mediocre and bland--tempura that is greasy, edamame that was obviously frozen, etc.--and very overpriced. The atmosphere is bland as well. The waitstaff are all very young and unable to deal with anything out of the ordinary. Worse yet--the take out portion are about half the size of the portions in the restaurant. Want an authentic Japanese bistro? Try Midori's Floating World Cafe on Lake Street and Minnehaha where even the tofu is made fresh.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I came here with pretty much no expectations and was impressed from the get go. I knew it was a building that used to house a KFC and you can still see the old drive thru signs up as you come in. It is a small place that has a nice, kind of cozy atmosphere. The host was very friendly as well as our server. We ordered 2 appetizers and 3 sushi rolls. The appetizers were great (my favorite was the thai lettuce wraps) and all of our rolls were fantastic and worth the price (my favorite was the twins roll). The server was very polite and took care if us in a timely fashion. He even brought us a free dessert since it was our first time there. I don't usually leave stuffed after eating sushi but I can now say that has now occurred because I was stuffed after leaving here. With drinks and tip it was about $100 so it is a little on the high end for cost, but the dining experience was well worth it. I will definitely be going back to Sakana in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice place for sushi, a little expensive but if you want good sushi in Highland Park this is the place to go.