“Short & sweet”

Ward 6 Food & Drink
Ranked #15 of 892 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Excellent food and drink in a friendly atmosphere. We have 20 taps of Minnesota craft beer, classic and new cocktails, a surprising wine list, made from scratch food with high quality (mostly local) ingredients.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Short & sweet”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Lot's of long reviews, so I'll keep it brief. Best grilled Reuben sandwich in town! Excellent craft beer selection. Lively atmosphere. Came mid-week at 7pm. Waited about 30 minutes for a table - worth the wait.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank bantin

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wow - great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We loved this place. The food was fabulous. The fish & chips the best I've ever had and I try them wherever I go when it's on the menu. Everyone else's food was also excellent. Loved the atmosphere. Service was friendly and timely. A bit of a wait because it's small but worth it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LDO_12
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Just what the East Side needed! Sköl!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I both grew up on the East Side of St. Paul, but good restaurants on Payne Avenue are few and far between. It was great to drive up to Ward 6 and see a crowd. It's a small place, so sometimes you have to wait a bit, but the food, the friendly waitstaff and the comfortable atmosphere make it worthwhile. I had the fish and sticks. The fish, deep fried in beef lard, was light, hot, and crispy, and the fries were among the best I've ever had. My wife's mini chicken salad sandwiches were also tasty. I don't drink, so I couldn't take advantage of the broad range of beer selections, and I'm not a fan of charcuterie, but those are among the many options available. The menu has enough variety to keep us coming back. Sköl, Ward 6!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank tallguy442
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Eastside Pride”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have lived on the East Side of St. Paul of my life and it is refreshing to finally say I have a restaurant bar that I can call home. Fantastic atomsphere, amazing MN brewed beer selections, adult malts, fish that is deep fried in beef lard, fries that are better than the famous McDonalds, and of course outstanding service. If the waitress, Monique, didn't know what the answer was, she asked. It was fantastic to go to a place that you felt comfortable in the setting with company. Two thumbs up! Highly recommend this local restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Angie H
“A St Paul gem”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Lucky St Paul to have this restaurant. Great food. A little on the gourmet side which is a nice touch. Friendly service and owner. Can be a little loud and not a big place. Always busy too. Which is good for them. Bad for us as it can be hard to get a table at times. Worth the wait though.

• Visited February 2013