“Horrible place to go”

Cuisines: American
Forest Lake, United States
“Horrible place to go”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

On Sunday I was being sober cab for some friends stared at 11:00 AM was 7 of us. We got there around 9:00 PM . We all ordered food and rest got some beers. At about 10:00 PM one of them got round of shots. Then about 10:30 ordered another round shots and some beers for because it was her birthday. Waitress came back and said they couldn't serve us anymore...so they said how about beers to finish off the meal...She said no...I was confused due to they knew I was sober cab.

so next day I called manager to find out why.....
So I asked him why did they cut off my friends?
He said on of the ladies was slurring? and drunk?
I said yes they all were that is the point of having a sober cab
He said well how do we know you will not take them to their car and they drive to their homes
I said why would they get a sober cab then? I said I picked them up at all their homes and will drop them off at their homes.
He said how do we know you will drop them off and they get in their car and drive somewhere and we will be libel
I said then your already in trouble...they came in drunk ....so all the beers you served them and the first round of shots so that ship has sailed.
Then he says well we care about our customers well being and will not serve after they get drunk...
I said really few weeks back we were here and I was sober cab again and they were drunker then last night and you still served them? I asked my friends they are regulars and they said they have seen them serve people even after clearly they were drunk...
So I said they spend lot of money when they go out and I don't know if they will ever go back there. this is best answer
Sir well just because your small group stops coming here I don't think we will go bankrupt....
Well I hope lot of small groups stop going there so this mo mo understands....lots of small groups can make a big difference....

• Visited May 2014

Elk Mound, Wisconsin
“Nice spot to sit on a summer day”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stopped for appetizers and drinks before a play for my son's birthday. We ordered a combination plate to share, and sat outside on a non-smoking patio. Service and food were both good. Wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Visited July 2013
St Paul
“One of my favorites on the East Side”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A regular stop of mine, there isn't anything on the menu I wouldn't recommend. Great drink selection and a wide variety of beer on tap. And while there can be a wait at times, you won't regret it.

Visited April 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Such a nice breakfast”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We had been checking out some new breakfast spots when we found this place. OMG it was delicious and service was excellent. Things were cooked the way we asked and portions were generous. Seems to be a lot if regulars but we could see why.cant wait to try a burger for lunch soon

• Visited April 2013
Boise, Idaho
“If you want a great fish fry eat here.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sometimes you want a great Friday night fish fry. You can get that at Obb's. It is a wonderful restaurant with a lot of character. The food is just want you are looking for if your ready for a nice plate of fried fish. There are many more choices on the menu but my family was after the all you can eat fish. There is also a walleye dinner on the menu which was also tried by a family member and it was excellent. The server was beyond fantastic. She was a delight to have waiting on us. We will visit Obb's every time we visit the Twin Cities area.

• Visited December 2012