“Friday Fish Fry Lovers will love this place”

Obb's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #82 of 907 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I'm originally from the midwest but now live in California. Every time I come back to visit the family I make it a point to be near a Friday fish fry during the trip. Time time I tried Obb's at the suggestion of my cousin and it was fantastic. All the perfectly fried pollock that you can eat along with decent french fries. And the soup when I happened to be there was a split pea with ham that was one of the best I've had (don't tell my family who participates in the annual Pea Soup Days in Somerset, WI across the river).

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visited this location every day for lunch and had the opportunity to eat many of the lunch dishes that they serve. Went there on a Sunday morning for their breakfast menu and was pleased once again. The service is fast and their prices are amazing - excellent value. It gets extremely busy on Friday due to their Fish Fry. During lunch, it's offered at an excellent price, but during dinner service, it becomes an all-you-can-eat. Enjoyed all of the servers and staff. Family owned and operated.... feels like home. Great place to be and would definitely return if I ever make it back to the St. Paul area.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm a Minneapolis guy but I have some history with this place that goes back many years. And for good reason. The food is good, the service is great and it just has that old-fashioned feel to it that isn't always easy to find.

Look for their holiday specials. Speciafically Valentine's Day. That might have been the best deal I ever received on prime rib. Love that they keep up traditions like the fish fry and boo-ya too.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Had the Friday night fish fry and loved it! Perfect lightly breaded fish, served with baked potato or french fries and coleslaw, was delicious. It was very busy, but we were seated in 1/2 hour and service was great. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

They serve some of the best fried chicken in the area...one of my favorites. Good value for the money and the service is always efficient and pleasant. Street parking is basically the challenge (there is a tiny parking lot). Overall, all of their menu is a cut above average for this type of venue.