“A great experience with fun for all ages” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Como Park Zoo & Conservatory

Como Park Zoo & Conservatory
Ranked #1 of 116 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in historic Como Park, this popular zoo, especially known for its California sea lion exhibit, also features a great cat display, gorillas and giraffes.
Naples, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great experience with fun for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have been coming to Como Park Zoo and Conservatory since I was a young child. And every time we come back to the Twin Cities to see family we have taken our kids and nephews. It has beautiful immaculate grounds, with a nice size zoo, and extensive conservatory with plants from all over the world and a Japanese garden. On the grounds there are carnival rides, a bandstand and paddle boats. A must see if in the Twin Cities!!!!

Visited July 2014

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
Marion, Iowa, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family of 5 had a wonderful visit to Como Zoo. We decided we have most likely gone 15 times - we used to live in the cities and now take our kids back every year for vacation. With a 5, 3, and 1 year old, it's the perfect size zoo for our little legs. We love going early when it is not crowded and you can see everything up close with no waiting. We walked around the zoo 2 times and saw everything in a little over 2 hrs. They have a nice variety of animals. We usually ride the 1oo year old carrousel and maybe a ride or two at Como Town. This year we tried the mini golf and the boys loved it. We will be back again next summer.

Visited July 2014
St. Paul
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“For locals or visitors, Como Park is full day experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Being a Twin Cities resident, I of course was familiar with the Park though hadn't visited it for years. This year, however, I decided to go. My first trip there was in the dead of winter. It was barely 0 degrees outside and the wind was howling. However, once I stepped into the Conservatory, it felt like I had been transported to a tropical paradise. Everything was so green and lush - it smelled so wonderful too. I will definitely go back each winter for a little escape.
My second visit this year, my husband and I brought our 3 year old grand niece. We happened to park near the entrance to carnival rides so that is where we started. It is free to enter - they suggest a $3 donation each. The rides were inexpensive as well. This little girl had the time of her life! We spent more than 2 hours just in here and still hadn't done everything she wanted.
We were able to pull her away from the rides finally to get her into the zoo. The gorilla was a major attraction as were the giraffes and big cats. She was so pumped up by the time we left at the end of the day, she didn't even fall asleep in the car ride home.
SO, if you have young kids, this is such a great place to go for the day. The rest of the park - the walking paths around the lake and the picnic areas also offer a lot for everyone.

Visited June 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I absolutely love coming to this zoo since I was little. Its completely free donations are welcome but in the last couple years they have really been trying to re-vamp many of the enclosures. New polar bear, gorilla, bonsai, tropical enclosure, and added seahorses. Hopefully much more to come. I recommend this zoo to everyone! Great day out!

Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely zoo and gardens ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a great time at the zoo. All of the kids loved seeing and learning about the animals. The gardens are very nice and my grandmother spent most of the time saying oh look at this one it is so beautiful. Oh look at THIS one is it so beautiful.
When in St. Paul area it is a must for families.