Como Park Zoo & Conservatory
Ranked #1 of 13 Fun & Games in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in historic Como Park, this popular zoo, especially known for its California sea lion exhibit, also features a great cat display, gorillas and giraffes.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staff was great! Went above and beyond! Recommend to all! You can get through this zoo pretty easily and there are also rides. Mini donuts for $5.00 are the best!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,765)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I visited Como conservatory 2-3 times during 2005-07 and each visit was delightful. During one visit the place had Japanese light display on.
It is perfect spot for a day long family outing.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great place to go, cost is by donation. Zoo and Conservatory exhibits are top notch and the grounds are peaceful. Though not really big, it's very nice to have such a place.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Como Park Conservatory was the destination for 3 friends and me. We enjoyed all of the gardens, including the fern, the palm, the sunken garden the bonsai trees and more. The lilies in the sunken garden were the size of a dinner plate and beautiful.
The Japanese Garden was made more special by the volunteer who helped us see what we may have missed, such as turtle island, the individual rocks, and views from different angles.
We also stopped at the Pavillion but decided we wanted a more special lunch. Great view of Lake Como.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

While this zoo is not that big, I loved the area of town it was in. The area is sooo beautiful it made me want to stay. There are parks all around the zoo that would be great for a picnic. The shuttles are decorated as zoo animals which I thought was super cute. There were a lot of people, which I expected on a Saturday, but we still got to see all the animals. My favorite was the big cats and the giraffes. The flowers and green trees in the conservatory were amazing and beautiful! I would definitely go back!