Midway Motel
$143
$132
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel 340(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
$114
$139
Hotels.com
$229
$129
$121
$114
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
$109
$93
Hotels.com
$159
$153
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2014

If Mom and Pop Motels received “Star” ratings, then I believe that the Midway Motel in Saint Paul should definitely be a Five Star! The rooms have Screen Doors. I have NEVER stayed in a motel that had Screen Doors! There are also windows on the “backside” of the room – one in bathroom and one in bedroom – so you can have fresh air and a cool breeze wafting through the room all night without fear of someone peering in. There was a large mini-fridge that worked very well. The furnishings and faucets were of high quality. The bed and pillows were very comfy. The sheets and towels were of high quality and were immaculately white with no stains. The Owners/Managers, Suresh and Kay (Mom and Pop) offered welcoming “Hospitality Plus”. There was abundant free and delicious coffee available in the office each morning. Kay is an avid gardener and her variety of colorful flowers were blooming brilliantly which provided a very cheerful beautiful landscape all around the motel. The air conditioner was installed on the back wall at eye-level. It worked perfectly and on a hot day it was glorious to have the cool air at a level where it can blow on your back and neck to cool you off quickly. The room was extremely quiet. There were tall trees outside the window and I loved being able to listen to the birds singing “Good Morning” songs upon awakening each day. The location was very important for me because I do not drive and I need easy access to Public Transportation. The #84 bus stop is less than half a block from the motel and the bus came by about every 10 minutes. The Midway Motel is the most wonderful place I have ever stayed. I will definitely stay there again next time I am in Saint Paul and I hope that will be very soon. Thank you a Million Trillion, Kay and Suresh, for making my week in Saint Paul a gloriously enjoyable and economical adventure.

Room Tip: Make your reservation well in advance because the motel was full every night and I overheard the Manager on the phone a few times telling last minute travellers that there was no vacancy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Wanda M
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days loved the hotel. Had two kids with me under the age of 5 felt very safe and was a quiet place to stay. Tried to book again in August but no openings :( ........loved the owners wife a very nice couple

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank sjv2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a reservation at a different motel, but they wouldn't check us in early. We were exhausted from a long drive, and when looking for a pharmacy, we drove past Midway Motel. I googled the phone number and called for a room. The amazing family that owns the motel was soooo accommodating. We were given a perfect little room. Very clean and quiet. The price was cheaper than the "other" motel that we subsequently cancelled. Not only could we rest after a long drive, we could walk to the state fair (rather than driving & paying for parking). Perfect family-owned motel that is clean. Thank you, owners of Midway! We will be back. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Kirsten O
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed one night at the Midway Motel across the street from Hamline University in May 2013. This clean and safe motel had everything I needed for $50/nt. The room had wifi, the bathroom looked as though it had been recently remodeled, and the bed was comfortable. The room had air conditioning and a small refridgerator, but did not have a clock/radio, coffee pot, or a microwave, It's probably not a room that I'd want to hang out in, but it's a great place to sleep and get cleaned up in the am. Some have said that it's not in the best part of town, but I didn't see anything to support that opinion. The owners offer a great deal on a room that provides all of the basics including easy parking. The help behind the desk was helpful and friendly. Plus, it's nice to support a family owned business instead of some big impersonal corporation!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank bkuster58
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at the Midway Motel for one night, for a meeting at the UM-St. Paul campus. The staff were gracious and helpful, the room was good-sized and attractive, and the location was very convenient to my meeting - all for $50/night! Great experience. I would return to this motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business