“Outstanding food, nice ambiance, great service”
Review of Joan's in the Park

Joan's in the Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Joan's in the Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 934 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayard
Transit: Snelling Avenue @ Ford Parkway
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a meal that blew away expectations--the food was delicious. The unassuming exterior had me thinking I was visiting just a neighborhood restaurant. We were blown away by the flavors. Truly some of the best dining around in the Twin Cities or elsewhere and I would highly recommend it. It had an intimate setting, nice wine selection, and service was attentive and helpful. I'll be going back.

1  Thank rebkitty

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My friend and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at Joan's. The small, cozy setting was great for a relaxing evening. The acoustics allowed good conversation, the staff was friendly and attentive and the food was excellent. The wine list was above average and individual glasses were a good size. The menu is somewhat limited and a bit pricey but worth it for a special occasion.

I think it would be beneficial to have a few lighter items on the menu.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Menu is limited but can always find some great food. They do steak tartare which is to die for along with scallops cooked to perfection and you can order a filet steak "blue" can get it cooked correctly which is very rare in the area. Great wine selection with choices from around the world.

1  Thank kinrosssam
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the kind of restaurant we love and which there are too few of- small, neighborhood places with superb food and service, that have the personal touch and aim to please. The owner and restaurant namesake, Joan, greeted us warmly and showed us to our table in the intimate and charming space. Top notch service from Joan's son followed- this is a family operation. Bread worth the calories, lamb meatballs and roasted beets are appetizers not to be missed. Fish special was superb as was my husband's steak. Portions just right, food expertly prepared. Service attentive throughout. A caramel pudding dessert is to die-for, served with a tiny spatula because you want every last bit. We will definitely keep this place on our short list of favorites!

2  Thank sallyMinnesota
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I called for a reservation at the last minute at 9pm on a Saturday, got their last open table, and what a treat. Our waiter went above and beyond to make sure before we ordered to make sure which entrees were still available, brought us a small bit of Reisling (no charge!) to go with an appetizer he felt was a buzz kill to the red wine we were drinking, and was attentive without being annoying. All of the food was well prepared, just the right portions, great sauces, nice presentation, nice timing. Great buzz to the small intimate place (felt like a living room with a bar along a wall, good vibe), and the hostess was super friendly without being overbearing. 5 stars.

1  Thank mbdlaw

Been to Joan's in the Park? Share your experiences!