“I'm not big on fairs but...”

Minnesota State Fair
Ranked #2 of 128 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Always 12 days of fun ending Labor Day, the Great Minnesota Get-Together welcomes nearly 2 million guests annually to a world-class showcase of livestock, agriculture, horse, art, talent and creative activities competitions; 500 food items; 900 free entertainment shows; the Mighty Midway and Kidway; Grandstand concert series; 1,000 vendors; exhibits for kids and adults; and more!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a good state fair though to be honest, I'm not a big "fair" guy. The food is excellent and it has entertainment to satisfy just about everyone. I stay one day and that's about it for me. Another thing we do is to take a bus in (I think for $5) and take the same one out. The bus's are strategically located through out the twin cities and take you and pick you up at the front entrance. NO driving and parking!! Go for it!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"roasted corn"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2013

ok if you are able, you must go to the state fair, its a tradition! the MN State fair is clean, friendly, has something to keep even the most picky person entertained for days. It's FUN and the food is delicious, must get deep fried cheese curds, and mini doughnuts, and a made from scratch everyday malted milk shake, oh and corn on the cob dripping with butter!.........ok go for the fun but we all know, we go to pig out on the food!

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Every year, I print off the map of the fairgrounds, and looking through the unique food list, and activities, mark on the map the 'must haves', so we can get to them faster! This is the one occasion that we eat our way through the day. There are so many delicious foods, that my kids and I share an order of something, so we can try many more! We love going into the butterfly house. They are so beautiful, and they land all over you. This is a very unique experience, and we never miss It. The kids love the rides, and they have 2 large areas, one for younger kids, and the other for older ones. The baby animal barn (it might be called the birthing barn) is wonderful too. We were fortunate to see a calf being born while we were there 2 years ago, and lots are born during the 2 weeks of the fair. The State Fair is expensive- you pay for parking, a ticket to get in, and the rides, food, and drinks are not on the cheap end either. We accept that this is a one time special treat, and enjoy this day so much, we don't let that bother us. I have been to many fairs, but this one wins hands down. They do it right here!

1  Thank Jilly070
Reviewed March 26, 2013

MN State Fair = Amazing!
So much food, so many people, so many games and rides, love going and go every single year! Wouldnt miss it!

1  Thank jazminsmama1605