“Lovely!”

Lady Elegant Tea Room
Ranked #377 of 949 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Reviewed May 31, 2016

I went with two friends to tea here, and it was lovely. My one complaint was that reservations absolutely have to be made, and it's not exactly easy to make them. It took an email and then playing phone tag to get it done. Despite that, we were seated immediately. We each had the tea sampler, which came with a pot of tea, sandwiches, scones, fruit, and a desert. We did have to ask for more clotted cream and jam, but everything was delightful, and for the most part, they left us alone to talk. I think that the good parts of the visit were the selection of teas, the lovely table settings, and the food. The not-so-good parts of the visit were the reservation process and the amount of clotted cream and jam served for 3 people (it was really one serving). Overall, I will return if I don't have as much difficulty making reservations.

1  Thank Meg S

Reviewed May 21, 2016

Big pots of tea for my daughter and myself, so many tea choices to select from. We would have preferred smaller pots with an opportunity to sample up to 3 different teas - maybe they could consider this for the future as an option for guests. The tea sampler was an adequate amount of food, with huge blueberry-lemon scones served with creme fraiche and lemon curd, as well as 4 quarters of egg salad finger sandwiches, ham-wrapped pieces of asparagus, a quartered strawberry and a few grapes, along with 2 cookies and 2 brownies for $18.00 per person. The server was quite knowledgeable and friendly. We bought some tea in the gift shop from the nice gentleman there. I would recommend going there, but keep in mind that parking is a challenge, especially in the back of the building.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

I have been a long-time patron of this favorite tea room. Their extensive tea selection and scones are worth the long drive. The parlor tea is competitively priced. Since the business came under new ownership I have seen unfavorable reviews with just cause. I decided to kindly contact the owner in late Feb, 2016, making suggestions regarding authentic tea desserts and received a gracious reply with their agreement to begin this change. Friends and I had a March tea and noted that aside from a brownie, madeline and little eclair there was now a delicious lemon dessert included. We plan to go back for an April tea as well to see what else is new. The presentation of the tea is still quite lovely, the scones are generous in portion and well-made. The new owner is motivated to keep long-time customers. While I think there continues to be room for improvement (e.g. the servers should be familiar with all the teas so to offer an opinion and should also be able to explain what is being served), the tea room itself is a gem and for this tea lover the selection is unique and appreciated.

Reviewed February 11, 2016

We have enjoyed tea here several times and always enjoyed it immensely. This was when the former owners had charge. After the ownership changed I've noticed a decline in food quality and service.The servers are slow and/or have to be reminded to bring more water or additional cream, etc. Even though it is expensive, I was willing to drive and suffer thru poor parking to enjoy the gluten free option in the past. But, alas, I'm not willing to spend that kind of $ any more. I hope things get back up to snuff here soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2016

Wonderful, quaint experience at the Tea Room. The tea selection was wonderful and it was a bonus to visit the gift shop and read descriptions (and sniff!) all the tea varieties before we got in for our reservation. Loved the chai varieties and the fact that they label their most popular varieties to help you choose. The food was wonderful too. Small intimate room with about 6-7 tables enhanced the experience. Parking was a little challenging, especially in the winter.