“Great for kids!”

Brasa Rotisserie St. Paul
Ranked #19 of 927 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brasa serves comfort food inspired by the traditions of Creole cooking. Our menu is a celebration of new and old world ingredients, representing native influences and many many styles of cooking. We supply our kitchen with locally sourced products, free range and pasture raised meats, eggs, and dairy. We also feature organic ingredients, fair trade coffee & tea.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family and I visited Brasa just before the holidays and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We took our son who is almost two with us and he loved the place. We did arrive at about 4:30 on a Saturday and easily got a table, however the place quickly filled around 5pm. The staff was great with our son and the food arrived quickly. We loved the guac and chips - the sauce with the gauc was terrific. The two of us shared the medium sized order and had plenty. Ordered two sandwiches to share. My chicken was delicious, my husbands beef was ok - not great, but ok. My son loved his kids meal. He ate every last bite of his chicken. We also ordered a side of the Yuca fries. They were very large and rich. I could only eat two of these, they were good just rich and dense. Next time I would order something different. Loved the changing tables in both the men's and women's bathrooms - very nice touch. Will definitely visit again or do take out.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have been here a few times and am always amazed by how great the food is! Everything is always freshly made, natural and organic!
I Had the brisket sandwhich with a side of Mac and Cheese and shared the chips and guac with some frineds.
I highly recommend their house made ginger ales!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I liked this place because you can order all the mains and sides in small, medium or large portions and share family style. Lets you try lots of different things. The food was really good, especially the pulled pork, homemade mac and cheese and the friend yuca. - really yummy. I would describe the cuisine as comfort food. Casual eatery. Jeans and t-shirts fine.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Since my last review of this place I have dined here about 10 times. I mentioned that the service was lacking but the food was fab in my initial review and I'm coming back to touch on this subject. Nearly every time I've visited Brasa the service has been poor. I love the food and the location works well for meeting my friends, but after dining there earlier today and running into the same issue, I felt like I should mention it to the manager.

Shaun (Sean?) listened and handled our feedback with complete professionalism. He even took care of our check which we certainly did not expect. It was very nice. I think it's worth noting when the management is willing and eager to listen and try and improve. For that reason and because the food is so great I will continue to dine here.

2  Thank willia_123
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our group of four went to Brasa in St. Paul with high expectations but came away disappointed. The food and service were pretty good, but not good enough to offset the high noise level and fast-food atmosphere.

We are old-fashioned, and expect our meals to come in a sequence: an appetizer, a salad, a main dish and dessert. Together with this, we look forward to having a conversation during the meal. Brasa has apparently embraced a different concept, which is to put the food out quickly and all at once. This probably helps families with small children, of which there were many when we visited.

Our appetizer did come separately, which we appreciated. However the tostones (fried mashed plantains) were leather hard and not much fun, although the sauces were excellent.

The rest of the meal arrived just as we finished the appetizer. We all had the pulled pork and added sides of caramelized Brussels sprouts, yucca, and beet salads. Eat the salads and let the pork get cold? Eat the salads after the main meal? We muddled through, and the entire meal lasted less than an hour.

The noise level was high enough that we were happy to leave after one of the quickest meals we have had in a full service restaurant.

The bright spot of the evening was the short wine list with nice bottles of wine in the $24 range.

The date of our visit was October 23, 2013.

1  Thank JandJ67