“Wonderful local food!”

Brasa Rotisserie St. Paul
Ranked #18 of 895 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brasa serves comfort food inspired by the traditions of Creole cooking. Our menu is a celebration of new and old world ingredients, representing native influences and many many styles of cooking. We supply our kitchen with locally sourced products, free range and pasture raised meats, eggs, and dairy. We also feature organic ingredients, fair trade coffee & tea.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wonderful local food!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Everything I had here was delicious! Their flash-fried brussel sprouts were amazing (and I'm not a brussel sprout eater)! The atmosphere was fun too and in this very walkable neighborhood. I definitely plan to go back.

• Visited May 2013

Mn
“Fresh and simple, great flavors”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We finally got around to trying out this place and we were both very impressed. It's not like your taste buds will be in shock at how fabulous and unique the food is, but you can tell that everything is made from scratch and with quality ingredients. I had the homemade chips and guacamole and it was just like I had made it in my kitchen. And it was inexpensive for the amount I got. My husband had the pork sandwich. I don't like pulled meat and I tried a bite and found it to be very very good. I'd consider ordering it next time.

We also had a side of the roasted yams with andouille. Again, it tasted just as it should. I left feeling satisfied. I didn't have the icky full feeling that I sometimes get after eating out. I will definitely go back. Probably one of my favorite places I've been in a while.

I didn't give it a full 5 star rating because the service was a tad lacking. It wasn't a big deal, we didn't need great service, but I reserve full ratings for the total package.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank willia_123
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am surprised to see that this is currently rated number 5 in the list of advisable St. Paul restaurants. Not because it isn't good, but because it is an average affordable place, with good 'ol American food. It has a small menu, and when I looked at it online I was not very interested considering the variety of food and places to eat in the area. After going, I was quite impressed and loved my dinner. I have now been twice, and was satisfied both times. Casual atmosphere and savory food, as well as good service made for an enjoyable experience both times. I would recommend to anyone. They do not take reservations below a certain number of people in your party (I cannot remember the number... maybe eight?) and there is often a wait. The reason I give it four stars instead of five is because I don't think it stands out amongst the crowd. If you are looking for a hearty meal, with good food, it is a great place. If you are looking for something that soars above the rest, there are other places you might try.

• Visited October 2012
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Try the Yuca!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Every time I go here, the food is GREAT! I always get the Yuca potatoes with the cilantro lime sauce. I also ask for that sauce to go with all of my sandwiches as well. Affordable and definitely worth the money. The parking lot is a bit small and street parking is hard to find, but other than that, it is worth the time to find parking.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lanka L
Minneapolis, MN
“One of my favorites in The Cities”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is one of my “must go to” restaurants in the Twin Cities. I first discovered it when I was living there, and now that I have moved away, I find myself trying to eat here every time I’m in town. I love eating at locally-owned, non-chain restaurants that have something unique about them and this restaurant fits that bill perfectly. When I lived here, I loved taking out-of-towners here for a taste of something they couldn’t find back home.

I have eaten at both the Minneapolis and St. Paul locations and have found them to be equal in terms of taste, quality, service, and ambiance.

My favorite part of the restaurant (as it should be) is their menu….I love everything about it. I have tried just about everything and can’t think of a single thing that I didn’t care for, although I will say that I always get the yucca no matter what else I try: it’s got a great texture, a nice citrus-y taste, and they fry it up just right. The menu items are definitely different than what you’d find at most restaurants in the Cities, or even in the Midwest, for that matter: yucca, plantains, and collard greens, just to name a few. I love that they offer everything as a la carte so that you can choose the size and quantity based on your palate and appetite. The flavors are decidedly Caribbean or Latin American, but not overly spicy. And while there are some unusual items on the menu, even the pickiest eater should be able to find something they will eat.

A previous reviewer mentioned that the wait person didn’t explain the menu very well. Don’t let this deter you! I have always been offered guidance when ordering; but if they don’t offer it, just ask. Most of the menu items are offered a la carte in several portion sizes. Just decide if your group is planning to share, how hungry you are, and go from there. The great thing about this place is because you can get everything a la carte, if you are unsure about something, you can always order a small one and share it to see if you like it. The food comes out quickly, so you can always order a second round of something if you like it.

This restaurant is very conscious of dietary restrictions. I have eaten here with friends who have dairy allergies and also gluten intolerances and have always been able to find things they can eat without any problems at all. In each case, the wait staff seemed well-informed of their menu and what would suit our needs best. They also try as much as possible to provide local, organic, and/or free-range products as possible.

As far as price goes, I usually spend around $15 per meal (one person) when I go there. That’s usually one meat and two sides plus a non-alcoholic beverage, and I am comfortably full when I leave. They also have a dessert menu and a small amount of alcoholic beverages (mostly beer and wine) to choose from.

Attire is usually very casual here, so come as you are. If you happen to be dressed up because you’re coming from work or a special event, you’ll be just fine as well. The décor is pretty minimalist (metal, concrete, glass, glass garage doors that open during warm weather, exposed ductwork) but they are well-lit restaurants with clean surfaces and not a lot of fuss. The Minneapolis location has outdoor dining, I can’t remember if the St. Paul one does or not.

I most frequently see groups of friends and casual couples of all ages dining here, but I have seen families here and their kids seemed to be enjoying it. And if you are looking for a casual business lunch (or dinner), I don’t see why you couldn’t try here. The setting isn’t very intimate or formal, and the tables aren’t very big, but there is enough going on around you that you wouldn’t have to worry that you are talking too loudly.

In both cases, there is no adjacent parking lot, but I have been able to find free parking within reasonable walking distances of both locations, so you should be just fine!

I hope this place becomes a favorite of yours – it’s definitely one of mine!

• Visited February 2013