“Unique restaurant with excellent food”

Brasa Rotisserie St. Paul
Ranked #15 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, South American, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brasa serves comfort food inspired by the traditions of Creole cooking. Our menu is a celebration of new and old world ingredients, representing native influences and many many styles of cooking. We supply our kitchen with locally sourced products, free range and pasture raised meats, eggs, and dairy. We also feature organic ingredients, fair trade coffee & tea.
Raleigh, NC
“Unique restaurant with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

When I arrived at 6:00 p.m. at Brasa on a Tuesday evening in late June, it was already packed. The restaurant has a sort of warehouse feel, with exposed duct work and two actual garage doors facing the street (attractively retrofitted with glass panes) that suggest it was, in fact, formerly a garage. There's also outdoor seating on a patio. The ambiance is perfect--it's busy and a little noisy, with waitresses busting about and getting food from an exposed cooking area. A previous reviewer was right on: this is a sort of tapas version of Caribbean-inspired food (with a little soul kicked in): pulled pork and chicken, a terrific assortment of sides, and sandwiches. The idea is to order a meat dish and then sides to fill in. Almost everything if gluten-free with an emphasis on local and quality produce. Most of the food comes priced in three quantities, and the restaurant seems intent on making sure that you order the right amount for your needs and the number at your table. As a sole diner, I ordered a small portion of meat (the braised and seasoned smoked beef, which is done in a sweet/spicy barbecue sauce, but not drowning in it: $5.95), and two sides: the (special) caramelized brussel sprouts with a light lime dressing and pickled ginger and sunflower seeds, and the roasted yams and andouille sausage, each in a small portion for $2.95. Everything was fabulous, but I can't rave enough about the spouts (see previous reviewers' comments). I seriously want the recipe. They were chopped up and then braised and mixed in with the other ingredients--I was tempted to order another portion. Also, I hate leaving a restaurant when I'm on a business trip either so full that I feel lousy for two hours, or having to leave behind food that I can't take back to a hotel. The portion-wise emphasis of this restaurant was one of its assets: I left feeling completely satisfied but not over-full. There's beer and wine (not a huge selection but good variety); wines are about $7 per glass, and there's also sangria by the glass or carafe ($27). My bill for the entire meal (meat, two sides, and two glasses of decent chardonnay) was $29; subtract the wine and the meal was $12.00. If you're looking for an interesting dining experience at a reasonable price, with very tasty dishes to share, in a vibrant atmosphere, check this place out.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank DoctorCompRhet

East Bethel
“Family style comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I joined our daughter and son-in-law for dinner at Brasa. They had recommended this location after enjoying a lunch there a few weeks earlier. We chose patio seating because it was such a lovely evening. The patio is very simple bordering a parking lot so if you want more ambiance, dine inside. We ordered family style so we could try many items. We tried the rotisserie chicken with Creole style dry rub, slow roasted pork with garlic & lime, braised beef with sweet-spicy BBQ sauce, fried catfish, yellow rice with black beans, creamed spinach with jalapeno, and macaroni and cheese. Sounds like a lot for four people but this restaurant offers small, medium and large plates for all items so you can order just the right amount for your group. We thoroughly enjoyed the great flavor and tender, well-prepared meats. The rice was tasty especially with a few drops of hot sauce which is always on the table. The spinach had been highly recommended - it was ok but not as fantastic as I expected it would be. It was fun to pass and share items like a meal at home. I also really enjoyed the special Brasa cocktail that they say is like a wine spritzer. I thought it was much better! (Brasa serves wine and beer - they do not have a full bar.) This would be a great option for a take-out meal for home just like mom and grandma used to make!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Gwen052
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best Meat You Can Find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The flavor and seasoning of the chicken or pork is to die for. It is so good! We stopped coming here because it is so expensive for just a little bit of meat. But the variety of sides is great and the service is good.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank EllenJoan2222
Minneapolis, MN
“Always a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

This restaurant can be busy, and for good reason. The food is always tasty and fresh. There is "Mexican" coke, the same as in Europe with real sugar to complement your meal. Personally I like the sandwiches, but if you want to go gluten free, there are multiple choices. Brasa also does take outs.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank mntraveler35
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Good stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Although the menu has limited options we had no problem finding items that appealed to us. All of the meat choices were just stellar. Great place for trying several items and sharing.

• Visited May 2012