“Very dull! Disappointed.”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sorry to say, I disagree with some of my frends who stated that Scusi had delicious food. My friend and I ordered a variety of selections and not one was outstanding. I love risotta and felt mine lacked any flavor, the shrimp ravioli was beyond al dente (it was undercooked) and the zeppolis were overfired with lots of sweet sauce. I was thrilled zeppolis were on the menu because I have yet to have one here in the Midwest. They need to got to an Italian streetfair and learn how to cook them. Totally disappointed.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of our neighborhood favorite restaurants. The food is always good, sometimes excellent. Service is top notch. Solid wine list, and a wide variety of entrees to meet any type of diet. Pizzas are especially good with a thin, crispy crust and generous toppings. On busy nights it gets very noisy, so if you want intimacy, come on a slow night.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We really like Scusi, especially for Happy Hour. The pizzas are great (ask for no salt...they are really salty) and the wine is wonderful. The main restaurant is loud so not good for a meeting. This restaurant is always packed so they must be doing something right!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We live in the area and my friends like this place. We tried it once (so perhaps this isn't a fair assessment) but the cost was a bit steep for the quality of the food and wine. We're not that picky about wine, so maybe if we wanted to try something fancy this would have appealed more. Service was fine.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The ambience is great, I love the open kitchen and the cozy atmosphere of the dining room. The server (a man) was wonderful, very attentive and takes his job seriously. The food is very good. I've been there three times and it is consistent. Is it the best Italian in town? No. Its very, very good though. A great neighborhood spot and worth a drive too. St Paul dining is definitely better off having this choice of restaurants. If I want Italian and don't feel like Pazzaluna or spending too much money, I'd go here and I'd be happy. Oh - and you can bring your kids. Its not too fancy for that, which is nice. But not if you have little ones who cry or whine. I'd stick to kids a bit older than that. This is date place, too.
(Risotto was awesome)