“Great venue for comedy”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great venue for comedy”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were at the Joke Joint for Valentin'e day. We had a great time. The comedians that night were very good. I have been pretty impressed with the comedy offered at the Joke Joint. I watch a bit of stand up and I have never been disappointed here. The place is a bit small, but holds many. I have never ordered food here so I am unable to comment. MP (marital partner) and I both had a Captain and diet, which was made to our liking. It's easy to find and parking is free. There are restaurants in the area if you want to have a bite before or after the show. We have always bought tickets in advance. MP left them a message and they called him with our reservation. They are very nice to work with. A few weeks ago we had tickets to see one of our favorite comedians and I got home to find MP laying on the couch (very dramatically) with a bad cold so we had to cancel and they did let us use them for another show. I recommend this place.

Visited February 2014

TwinCities
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A Great Time”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a great time - very nice set up - enjoyed this set up more than the comedy club at the Mall of America - the only recommendation would be to allow us to purchase our tickets online rather then wait in line or arrive early to guarantee seats.

Visited February 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good Time”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We enjoyed bringing in the New Year by laughing it up at the Joke Joint. Drinks and Appetizers available throughout the performance. Great service!

Visited December 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“A great place for a night out”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My partner took me here for some fun on my birthday night. We arrived a few minutes after the opener started, but the hostess was very helpful and showed us right to our seats. Although my partner requested non-front seats, we were placed in the second row back. A server came out almost immediately to take drink orders, although we just had some water.

The talent was funny and varied. It was nice to have three different comics as to keep topics diverse and span different age ranges. Humor was all over the place, so a wide variety of people should be able to have fun here.

The venue itself was nice, if not fairly standard. Tables are arranged with ample walking room and lighting is focused on the stage. As other reviewers have mentioned though, it does get warm in the room. A nice touch afterward was that the comics were waiting outside with merchandise, ready and willing to talk to guests and thank us for visiting.

Tickets were very reasonable. Considering we just had water, spending a little over $30 for a few hours of adult fun at night was a pretty good value. I would suggest to avoid bringing children as the topics ranged into some obscene territory. The club also made that recommendation that my partner's son not attend due to some graphic language. It was nice to have that warning ahead of time.

I would highly recommend this place to spend a few hours at night at. They offer a variety of alcohol and food options, and servers were back and forth checking on guests. Very nice and very fun!

Visited August 2013
Saint Paul
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“nice way to spend an evening”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

we decided at the last minute to go spend an evening here. The menu is very limited and the seating is not the most comfortable but it is fun to go. You have the option to be varying distances from the stage and the comedians were good. Not an expensive night, but certainly fun.

Visited March 2013