“Charming St. Paul Landmark Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 340

Hotel 340
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
New York City, New York
“Charming St. Paul Landmark Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great historic hotel with a modern twist situated in downtown St. Paul. At hotel 340 you feel as though you are taking a step back in time without sacrificing modern amenities. As an avid traveler I can honestly say that the bed (and pillow combination) was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. I am honestly considering purchasing the pillows for my own home.

Loved the dark wood flooring and classic bathroom tile. The details in the hotel were priceless. The lobby was attractive and the St. Paul Athletic Club gym was better than 95% of all hotel gym facilities.

Great location within walking distance to Excel Energy Center, the Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul Cathedral and the Capital (little extra hike).

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Mississippi River. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JCarissa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Hungarian first
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed two separate nights at Hotel 340 in July, coming and going on a longer trip. Staff was friendly and accommodating for our late night arrival. We asked for their cheapest room since we weren't staying long. They upgraded us for one of the nights. Both of the rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. The cheapest room was small but entirely adequate. The other room was very nice, spacious and had a fridge. The ":continental breakfast" was much better than we expected. There were eggs and yogurt and fruit and cereals and whole grain bread as well as the usual sweet pastry things.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary L W
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent,comfortable well-furnished room, very accommodating staff, fond memories of my stay as I awaited Amtrak train next day. Would gladly go back when I visit st Paul.
I'd this isn't 200 characters yet, it will be as soon as I finish this sentence, I hope, earnestly hope, with consummate patience and growing annoyance.

• Stayed June 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My boyfriend booked this hotel for it's pretty closed to the concert we were going to, and didn't expect that the room'd be that huge! The interior of the room was beautiful! There were a set of sofa, kitchen, two bathrooms, two closets, and the most comfiest king bed I've ever slept! The kitchen has Keurig coffee maker (which we loved a lot), tableware, microwave, and a small refrigerator. Anyway, we had a great time living in such a lovely hotel, but felt kinda disappointed with the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoDoMo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a beautiful hotel to say the least. Great location some of the best service I've ever came across. James and Trevor were absolutely wonderful. The rooms were amazing. Everything you could possibly need in a hotel room

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tbartz0430
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My partner and I did a stay-cation about a month ago at this hotel. You see, we live in Frogtown with our four child and can't afford a proper vacation so we settled for a different kind of get away. This weekend was really important to our relationship because it was the first time in 7 years that we were able to hang out one on one without the children. We enjoyed the gym and not having to make breakfast for six. We also really love the location. Downtown St. Paul is wonderful. Thanks for the great service!

Smiles
Leroy Duncan
Crystal Grimes

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Crystal G
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel was marvelous. I loved how it had that older look to it. It was as if it was the 1960's again. The room was awesome, I wish I could of taken that bed with me it was so comfortable. Lastly, the service was nice. They helped me get around the hotel, and the downtown area.

• Stayed June 2014
Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown
#7 of 17 in Saint Paul
3.5 of 5 stars 274 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Capitol Ridge

Been to Hotel 340? Share your experiences!