“We loveeee it!”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
New York City, New York
“We loveeee it!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My boyfriend booked this hotel for it's pretty closed to the concert we were going to, and didn't expect that the room'd be that huge! The interior of the room was beautiful! There were a set of sofa, kitchen, two bathrooms, two closets, and the most comfiest king bed I've ever slept! The kitchen has Keurig coffee maker (which we loved a lot), tableware, microwave, and a small refrigerator. Anyway, we had a great time living in such a lovely hotel, but felt kinda disappointed with the breakfast.

1 Thank DoDoMo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a beautiful hotel to say the least. Great location some of the best service I've ever came across. James and Trevor were absolutely wonderful. The rooms were amazing. Everything you could possibly need in a hotel room

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tbartz0430
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My partner and I did a stay-cation about a month ago at this hotel. You see, we live in Frogtown with our four child and can't afford a proper vacation so we settled for a different kind of get away. This weekend was really important to our relationship because it was the first time in 7 years that we were able to hang out one on one without the children. We enjoyed the gym and not having to make breakfast for six. We also really love the location. Downtown St. Paul is wonderful. Thanks for the great service!

Smiles
Leroy Duncan
Crystal Grimes

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Crystal G
Houston
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel was marvelous. I loved how it had that older look to it. It was as if it was the 1960's again. The room was awesome, I wish I could of taken that bed with me it was so comfortable. Lastly, the service was nice. They helped me get around the hotel, and the downtown area.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JeremyNelms
Minnesota
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I only spent one night here, but was charmed. My room had a separate sitting room, and a full complement of dishes - real wine glasses, plates, silverware. I had a very nice take-out meal in my room. Not eating off Styrofoam with plastic utensils can make a difference! Bathroom was tiny, tiny, but it's not a place I spend a lot of time. It was very clean. The furniture has obviously seen better days. Give this old-world style hotel a try!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Doneyroney
Mpls., MN
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during jazz fest. It was just a short walk to Mears Park where the main stage was for the concert was located. I loved the retro look and old time luxury feel the hotel had. The rooms were very clean and well appointed with dark new furniture. The entire place had this European feel to it, right down to the breakfast in the morning. Parking was in the ramp across the street, and considering parking in the cities, I didn't think the location was too bad although it would have been nice to get more of a parking discount.
Everyone was eager to please, including the maintenance man we met in the elevator, who wanted to know and to make sure everything mechanically was in order. Yes, everything was! Would stay here again when choosing a hotel in downtown St. Paul. Thank you Hoterl340 for a great experience.

3 Thank Minnetrista
Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel so that we could attend the nearby Jazz Festival! There is not much going on in the evening in the vicinity.
The place is smelly and dark. The AC is train station level noisy.
The Continental Breakfast is ok but the room needs an attendant to keep it clean. Some basics such as napkins and replenishing supplies would be good.
Next time we will have to try the Saint Paul!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple