“Excellent food and beverages”
Review of Barrio Tequila Bar

Barrio Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrio Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 889 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wacouta
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent food and beverages”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I enjoy coming to Barrio for lunch. I usually get the taco buffet, which is around $10. They also make a mean Cubano sandwich. The buffet has hard shell and soft shell tacos with about every topping you can imagine. Filler is usually ground beef and and shredded pork, beef or chicken depending on the day. Black beans as well for the vegetarian. At lunchtime I desperately want to hit up their vast tequila selection, but it would be best not to go back to work naked so I don't. I have also been there before MN Wild games and they have a free shuttle. I like the view out on Mears Park. This location is nice and roomy, much bigger than Minneapolis. I've been to the Edina location once, it might be my favorite, but I go to St. Paul much more often.

Saint Paul
“Authentic, high quility Mexican”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Barrio has become a favorite for my family. Small plates of authentic extremely high quality food. Vast Tequila selection if you are into that. Great service. The food is not your typical cheese coated "burrito bomb" but healthy and reasonably priced. Only downfall...parking is street only and Saint Paul tags and tows so be careful.

• Visited April 2012
Northfield, Minnesota
“Great margaritas, food a little pricey”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Go for the happy hour--excellent shrimp tacos, guacamole, etc.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Comfortable atmosphere, delicious tappas but, spendy”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our visit here. It was warm, unique, and inviting and because it was a beautiful warm day they had the front of the building open for a beautiful open air feel. It is located across the street from Mears Park and is going to be a fun place to go in the summer and just enjoy the city. (Perhaps a stop after the farmers market)
We ordered 5 tappas in total and they were all really, really good, but , very, very small . The flavor combinations in each were delectable. I especially enjoyed the sugar cane grilled shrimp. We both ordered the house Margaritas they were to tart for us, we both thought they could use some more Triple sec or Cointreau. We suggest you go during Happy Hour or with a fat wallet. It is very expensive. Even so, we are looking forward to going back.

• Visited March 2012
Somerset, Wisconsin
“Mas Tequila!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I like the atmosphere of this place and the tequila menu is huge. We were there on a Saturday afternoon during the tweener time. After lunch and before dinner. So they gave us the late night menu(?) which were limited tapas. The flavor of the carnitas was delicious and so was the made to order guac. I thought for 1 carnitas taco at $4 was bit spendy. I would give it another try but next time I'll go during dinner hours to try that menu.