“Good food and a good value”

American Burger Bar
Ranked #199 of 901 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had the sirloin sandwich and my husband had the meatloaf. The food was good and the portions were generous.

There are newer reviews for American Burger Bar

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Nice atmosphere. Great staff!! Waitress was wonderful!! Great food!! Bathroom needed updating and freshened up.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good frys. Good burger-I miss the lamb/bison burger. Please bring it back.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I work in downtown St. Paul and go here for lunch from time to time. Not the best burgers I have every had, but they are pretty good. I particularly like the ability to build your own burger by selecting your meat, bun, cheese, and other toppings, to create a burger custom built for you. I also like the selections of sides (not just fries). I particularly favor the tator tots. Wait staff generally seems impersonal, but the service is generally pretty quick. Also appreciate that they will give seperate checks, if requested.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went to the American Burger Bar for the late night happy hour after a show at the Fitzgerald Theater. I would say it was overall a good experience but nothing special. Late night the music is loud, the food was average to good. It was nice they had a happy hour on a Saturday night, but I am guessing this is more of a weekday 5:00pm place then late night on the weekend.

Decore is nice many booths not too many tvs but enough. It felt cozy even though the bar is quite large. Service was fare. All I can say was it was average in most every way. Go or don't go, likely not disappointed if you do, not missing much if you don't.