“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cheeky Monkey - CLOSED

Cheeky Monkey
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cheeky Monkey is a cozy deli and bistro, located in downtown St. Paul's Cathedral Hill neighborhood. We're open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week and brunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Cheeky Monkey is all about comfort food: brioche French toast and eggs benedict for brunch and gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads during lunch. At night, Cheeky Monkey transforms into a quaint bistro with offerings such as meatloaf, mac and cheese, steak, salmon, pork and chicken prepared fresh by our chef, often with locally sourced ingredients. We also feature a great beer and wine list. Ask about our great Gluten Free options as well.
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I walked to Cheeky Monkey with a friend today, and I would give it 5 stars but I thought it was pricey for what you got. The food was great though.I ordered the turkey sandwich and it was amazing, the chips were so good too. My friend ordered a salad and I can't remember which one but it had blueberries and raspberries in it. I am not a salad person, but I would get that for sure. It looked delicious. The staff were super friendly too. I would eat there again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank sunnysunfish

Saint Cloud
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews we decided to try the Cheeky Monkey while visiting our son in St. Paul. We were quite disappointed. We walked in waited several minutes to be acknowledged, and seated. Several employees walked by us. After being seated and our drink order was taken, it was 15 minutes before our server came back to take our order. I might add they weren't real busy. The sandwiches were just average I had the muffaletta. Each of us had a different sandwich they were fine for the price, but that's about the best I can say. Had the service been on point I might have a different opinion of the overall experience.

• Visited April 2014
“Quality over quantity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

First time here. Great food. Sandwiches are awesome. Great quality as well. I went during the deli hours but it changes to bistro after a certain time. I'm going to try that in the summer.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Amazing Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

This place is always busy, which I can believe since the food is so great. This is one of my favorite brunch spots in Saint Paul, cheap mimosas and menu with lots of variety. The homemade chips are a crowd favorite. The sandwiches are all original and a perfect size. This is a great place for date night, girl's brunches or dinner with the family. The deli is open Monday-Friday which makes it a great quick stop for a work lunch break. It's all the same menu items but you can grab them to go. This is also a great happy hours spot; their patio is great in the summer time as well!.

• Visited February 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Unique dishes and tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We go to this restaurant often in the summer. The name Cheeky Monkey got me to try it. I was pleasantly surprise at the quality, service and unique dishes. Love their pot roast, cubano and salads. Great outdoor sitting and service.

Visited July 2013