“Hambuger heaven !”

Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were in town from Florida visiting and my sister-in-law brought us here.

The service was great, the eclectic bar food lunch menu had a lot of great choices, and the price was good.

Great feel inside with the tall ceilings and retro look.

We had the stuffed hamburgers and everyone at the table was raving about it. I had the coconut milk soaked mozzarella burger and it was outstanding.

Certainly try it out.

There are newer reviews for The Blue Door Pub

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Love the atmosphere (lots of wood paneling and chalkboards) and the food. Go if you love cheesy hamburgers and beer, and a great happy hour, don't go if you don't! The menu is limited, and their focus is on creative juicy Lucy's.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This place recommended by a long-time resident of the area was on our "bucket list." We made it on a Sunday afternoon. Timing was great as there was a booth next to the kitchen that was perfect for the 4 of us. The service and discussion about soccer was also nice. Went w as the World Cup is waiting for the semi-finals. Everyone raves about the hamburgers, and the three different ones we got Mushroom - Swiss , Frenchy and The Blucy were all excellent meat and other items, but the bun was poor. With so many options for quality bread this was a very disappointing way to present the great burger. The other person had the Fish Tacos - out of sight! Two Tacos - excellent pieces of fish, not what one normally finds and done to perfection. A side of Hand Cut Fries were also super. But the real bonus, and unknown to us until the check arrived was that from 2-5 every day draft beer is only $2 each, so with beers only adding $16 to the total an afternoon late lunch was a great buy. Try this place...and maybe hope they get the buns improved. One note no alcohol can be service outside.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

They have every type of Juicy Lucy you can imagine but my favorite is the Cajun Bluesy. It is a cajun spiced burger with blue cheese in the center! Every burger I have tried has been good. They also have great tots and other apps too. I take every visitor I have to MN here. It is a must for a trip to St. Paul. Also, check out their happy hour. Great deals on really good beer!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

When you're in the cities, there's only 2 places to go for the best burger. This place is #1 (and I've tried about 20 "top" burger restaurants in the last 3 years). My favorite is the Pastramilicious at the Longfellow location. The burgers are big enough that we get 1 house salad (made with real greens, not iceberg lettuce), 1 burger, and cajan tots. Enough to feed my GF and I.
Local Tip: great places are always busy. If you're in a hurry avoid the noon lunch and 6:30 to 8:30 dinner crowds. I've always been seated right away when I've avoided the big crowds. If you don't mind a reasonable wait, grab a beer and relax. A life changing burger will be in front you shortly.