“If you like Blue Cheese this place is for you!”
Review of The Blue Door Pub

The Blue Door Pub
Ranked #1 of 12 Bars & Pubs in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed June 30, 2014

They have every type of Juicy Lucy you can imagine but my favorite is the Cajun Bluesy. It is a cajun spiced burger with blue cheese in the center! Every burger I have tried has been good. They also have great tots and other apps too. I take every visitor I have to MN here. It is a must for a trip to St. Paul. Also, check out their happy hour. Great deals on really good beer!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

When you're in the cities, there's only 2 places to go for the best burger. This place is #1 (and I've tried about 20 "top" burger restaurants in the last 3 years). My favorite is the Pastramilicious at the Longfellow location. The burgers are big enough that we get 1 house salad (made with real greens, not iceberg lettuce), 1 burger, and cajan tots. Enough to feed my GF and I.
Local Tip: great places are always busy. If you're in a hurry avoid the noon lunch and 6:30 to 8:30 dinner crowds. I've always been seated right away when I've avoided the big crowds. If you don't mind a reasonable wait, grab a beer and relax. A life changing burger will be in front you shortly.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Can't go wrong at the Blue Door Pub. Excellent, quality burgers, awesome tots, and a nice beer list. The cheese curds are the best in town and the spam balls are a must try, even if only just once.

Take their challenge if you dare- essentially, you get a punch on a card for each burger you try at their two locations. Win the challenge and your next burger Is on the house and you get a free shirt. You and your cardiologist won't regret the experience! My buddy and I finished up tonight while enjoying good food, service, beer, and company.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was quite possibly the best burger I have ever had. I had the one with bacon and cheddar in the middle. Everyone at our table had a different kind of juicy lucy, or blucy as they call them, and everyone said the same thing that it was excellent. We were there for happy hour with $2 taps and $2 fry and tator tot baskets. The tator tots were amazing and cooked perfectly. The onion rings and fries were very good as well. We went at 4 PM on a saturday and there was a wait. It is not a very big place but it was definitely worth the wait! I will be going back someday!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Visited with a bunch of friends, most of whom have been here before. They all love it. We did too! Great beer, burgers, and service. Got excellent beer recommendations. It did fill up at lunch time. We were fortunate enough to have friends who were smart enough to get us there early. Try it, especially if you're a burger lover!