“Crowded, long wait but very enjoyable.”
Review of The Blue Door Pub

The Blue Door Pub
Ranked #22 of 892 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Green Bay
“Crowded, long wait but very enjoyable.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My 3 friends and I went to TBDP on a Saturday night. We arrived around 6:30, and there is a little window when you first walk in that you give your name. The wait was 1.5 hours but since I had been hankering for a Juicy Blucy we decided to wait. We ordered a beer at the bar, and their beer list is really delightful, lots to choose from. The place is tiny. Really tiny and pretty crowded. There is a wee tiny room off the bar with a tv and a game or two in it to wait but that was crowded as well. We got sat about a little over an hour into our wait, so they were spot on with the time they gave us. A Blucy, a Bacon Blucy, the traditional Blucy with the American cheese, and a Cajun Blucy were ordered. All 4 were excellent, some of the best burgers we had ever had. The sides we ordered, tots, green beans, and fries were fresh out of the fryer and piping hot. Service was friendly and swift, not feeling a bit rushed and the prices were excellent. I will for sure go back.

Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great food, tough wait”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This place has really good food, but I can understand people not wanting to wait.....it's unreal how small it is and you will always wait for a spot.....which is why we have only been here a handful of times.

Plymouth, Minnesota, United States
“cheese curds”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The cheese curds here were amazing! Our family fought over who got to eat the last curd. Very crowded and cramp. Atmosphere was so loud we could not have a coversation. Tater tots are very good, burgers okay, everything greasy. Minnesota has tons of good burger places and I would not feel the need to come back here.

• Visited November 2012
North Mankato, Minnesota
“Good beer, friendly staff, greater burgers - if only they were bigger!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We headed early to the cities for an appointment and thought we'd stop by early at the Blue Door to "beat the crowd." Don't even try. It's small and loud. The crowds are always there and expect at least a 45-minute wait. We decided to order takeout and had a beer during the wait. That kinda hectic would drive me nuts but the staff was very friendly and helpful. I had the Merriam Park w/tots and she had Mushroom Swiss. Excellent calls for both of them. You can call early to have your name put on a list but it's not a reservation. BTW: Burgers are big and tots were ample.

• Visited November 2012
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Repeat Offender”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This place is magical. Let me start by saying that. This place. Is magical.

The lady and I were looking for a simple night out, something low key, particularly burgers. I wish I would have known then, what I know now.

We stumble across this weird looking bar serving juicy lucy's right down the street. Not just juicy lucy's, I'm talking the most mouth-watering, deliciously filled burgers I've seen outside my own grill while coming up with crazy concoctions with my friends.

These burgers DO NOT disappoint.

My girlfriend chose the "Frenchy", which is basically french onion soup in a burger....just think about that!! It even came with some "au jus" sauce which I love, because I get to use a real snooty french accent, when explaining it to my friends (bonus points).

I decided to get a little crazy and go with the Luau burger, which is mozzarella and canadian bacon juicy lucy with HUGE pineapple rings nestled on top. I went the extra mile and got it cowboy style, where they add on some BBQ sauce and a couple of onion rings for a dollar more. MADE MY NIGHT. NAY. LIFE!

We decided on the spam bites (featured on diners, drive-ins, and dives, along with their flagship burger "the Bluecy"). These little guys cheered my pregnant girl's belly right up! (Pro Tip: fridge em and eat em in the morning SOOO GOOOOOD)

These guys are no one trick pony, dare I say REPEAT OFFENDERS, we actually went back for the cobb salad and buffalo wings, which even though simple, were UBER delicious.

I loved the guy who helped us, his name was Chris. Really genuinely happy to be working at such an establishment, truely awesome. Plus, he got a kick out of me placing an order under the moniker "Juicebox". (They weren't so impressed the second time around, but hey, you can't win em all)

All in all, if you haven't sampled these guys, my advice is to get your patootie down there. Get a burger, some Surly craft beer, and have a grand old time!