“Fun day at a fair price”

Minnesota Children's Museum
Ranked #11 of 117 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. Kids play more. Adults do, too. We thrive as a happier, healthier and more innovative community through the radiant power of play. This is our first major renovation since we opened our downtown St. Paul museum in 1995. Children and adults alike will delight in our 10 new exhibits and enjoy a variety of new amenities. A glass addition along West Seventh Street will house The Scramble, a four-story climbing adventure. Elsewhere in the new museum, visitors will delight in an updated pretend town, get creative in two maker workshops and engineer their own fun in an air-and-water exhibit. Families also will enjoy a bigger toddler gallery and step out into a revamped rooftop and backyard. Kids will craft their own adventures in a ninja-training course and a carpet skate park. This will be play like it’s meant to be. Natural. Joyous. Genuine. Children will explore, experiment, try new things, test their limits, adapt and grow. Each exhibit will help children develop the life skills they need to succeed throughout life — how to think creatively, make plans, analyze problems, tackle challenges, speak and listen, work as part of a team and more.
Cornell, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun day at a fair price”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We went to the Children's museum for the first time this week with our children 7,6,5 and they had a GREAT time. There was a farmer's market two blocks down the street which was a great place to eat lunch at outside and listen to music. (also the produce and flowers looked great) Everyone at the museum and even on the street were very friendly and helpful. The museum has different programs going on throughout the day, like storytime, meet a snake, etc. Very educational and fun day! The only negative is that I think our kids have hit the age ceiling of the place, any older and I think they would get bored pretty fast

Visited August 2011

Burlington, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“2nd Visit and worth a 3rd!”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The exhibits are so well done and maintained that it's worth going over and over. This was our second visit and our kids, 4 & 6, were excited to visit the Lego Castles traveling exhibit. We went on a Monday and even with several school groups it was not chaotic and offered lots of fun. I will have to say I was impressed with the number of volunteers. I would venture to guess this is why the museum is so well maintained and why we enjoy our visits so much. There is something for kids ages 1 day to 101 years! We spent all morning there, but left for lunch. If I had known about the eating area I would have packed lunches for us so we could enjoy the exhibits more. Next time...

Visited June 2011
Milwaukee
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Our 20 month old had a ball. There was things for all age groups. He could have spent all day running in the area designed especially for kids his age but loved so much more. I can see why it is so highly rated nationally.

Visited July 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Day for Kids”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I took my 3 year old nephew here on a Saturday afternoon around noon. They were having a "dance party." The kids loved it. My nephew had a great time. We stayed for about 2 1/2 hours and we could've seen more or played longer, but he was all tired out. I highly reccomend it for young kids.

Visited April 2011
Courtland, KS
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Better for kids 2+ years”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

We have a 20 month old, and although he enjoyed most of the exhibits (climbing through the hollowed out tree and playing with the water toys), our friends child of 25 months LOVED it so much more. I don't think we'd go back after seeing it, but our friends would.

Visited January 2011