“Great Local Restaurant”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Local Restaurant”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We visited here recently on a Friday night. We were told the wait would be 45 minutes, but because we had heard good things, we decided to wait it out. We ordered beers and found a spot to stand that was semi-out of the way. The place is Tiny so unless you can find room in their back games area - you're always a bit in the way. While the wait was what they said it would be, once we were seated the service was friendly and efficient. I had the fish tacos - which were fantastic. Some of the best in St. Paul. My boyfriend had a veggie burger which he also loved. We also shared some cheese curds - which I would say were well above average. While the wait is annoying - we thought it was worth it and take out is available. If you leave out the alcohol - this place is a steal too.

Visited November 2011

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Small, crowded and average”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The Blue door is really small and therefor crowded on the weekends. It does have outdoor seating (which is nice) however, you aren't allowed to have alcoholic beverages while seated outside - booooo! The staff was really helpful and personable but the food (peanut butter burger - yuck! and the bluesy) was just average. There are many other restaurants in the Twin Cities with better burgers.

Visited October 2011
Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Overratted, average burgers & fries joint”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Always packed with very long waits on weekends. Limited bar - beer and wine selections only. Small place made famous by local paper reviews. Outdoor seating is limited to only a few tables and do not offer alcohol. My burger was ok (jalapenos and cheese stuffed) and fries were ok. The tator tots are better that their fries. My wife's burger was undercooked even though she requested well-done. Her sister's was well done and she did not request it. (I HATE the trendy restaurant wait staff that does not write down your order - I have seen too many mistakes over the years to understand any advantage to not take a written order at tableside...).

Visited August 2011
Des Moines, Iowa
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Short wait followed by delicious food.”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We went to the restaurant after seeing it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and weren't disappointed. The food was as delicious as the show made it look. I had the traditional Blucy-juicy lucy filled with blue cheese and garlic. My fiance had the Cajun Blucy loaded with pepper jack cheese and diced jalapenos. Mine was delicious. I tried a bite of his too and was happy to report it was also excellent. There are a lot of different burgers on the menu with a great variety beyond the traditional juicy lucy (burgers stuffed with cheese only). Rather than getting the tator tots or fries where we could get anywhere, we opted for a side of Spam Bites. Get over what you think about Spam. If you didn't know any better, especially with this recipe, you would just think it was ham. The restaurant dices Spam and pickels, wraps them in cream cheese, breads them with crushed chips and crackers and fries them. It kind of tastes like those ham-pickel roll-ups until you dip them in the scrumptious chili lime sauce. Awesome!

The only thing some may view as a negative on this local gem is the size. We arrived around 1 p.m. on a Friday the weekend after the snowstorm that collapsed the Metrodome roof, struggled to find parking and had to find room to squeeze in and wait for about 10 minutes until a table opened up. During less-inclimate weather, easier street parking may have been available and standing outside would have been an option. My fiance and I actually sat at the bar where the staff was very friendly and conversational. This place is small and I'm guessing you'll have a short wait whenever you go based on the size and apparently growing popularity but there's a reason-it's worth it.

St. Paul
“Theeee BEST burger you will”
Reviewed March 6, 2009

It truly is the best burger I've ever had! The fries are great also. I will keep going back : - )))