“Best Brunch”

Salut Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 935 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milton Avenue
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
Description: Salut Bar Americain is a neighborhood brasserie that offers classic bistro favorites like French Onion Soup, Salade Nicoise, and Steak Frites, as well as fresh seafood, burgers, sandwiches, and an array of daily specials. Whether you feel like Champagne and oysters or a burgers and fries, Salut can complement your selection from our full bar and well-selected wine list. Salut's private dining spaces are cozy, intimate and welcoming. Perfect spaces for private events that require a unique setting. When privacy is called for and you're hosting a business affair or a groom's dinner Salut offers unique dining options featuring chef prepared menus.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had the weekend brunch which has it's own dedicated menu of crepes, quiche, etc. Great tasting food, pleasant atmosphere, excellent service, and a good value.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We eat here about 1/month and always love it. Parking is good and its never been much of a wait to get a table (although I do recommend reservations). The house wine is yummy (#2 white for me) and the food is consistently delicious. The service is always good including the runners and bussers. Great experience overall!

1  Thank GuyAndGalOnTheMove
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Had a full three course meal here. The meatball appetizer was fantastic as was the brie. I had the herb roasted chicken which was tender and flavorful. It didn't come with sauce. I had fries which were good but a little greasy. Other people in my group had the steak and mashed potatoes and I heard no complaints. I tried a dark chocolate cake and a lemon meringue pie and didn't like either. The cake was dry and the lemon was very tart with a cardboard-like crust. I would eat here again but I wouldn't trust dessert. I'd like to try their burger next time. This place is pretty expensive and valet parking is available for $7 (we parked down the block).

1  Thank Knutey1111
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went there with family. Though parking was tight, I did find a space in their lot. Lucky me! I love the location but because it is winter, the patio was not an option. The indoor ambiance was very comforting and inviting.

The wait staff is friendly and attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The mussels were great, dipped in wine sauce and butter, and bits of bacon. The crostini was okay and was served in unique dishes. I love my Scallops Quatre; the scallops were very tasty. I never thought I would love butternut squash, but it seemed perfect with the scallops and the wild rice and the blood orange. I will definitely order it again next time. The pastas, saffron shrimp linquini and the baked rigatoni looked yummy and fresh. My other companions seemed to enjoy their steaks and burgers. The red velvet cake was humongous and came with a dollop of raspberry and chocolate ice cream.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Interesting menu which makes use of available, local fresh foods. Excellent beef and fish entres. Although you can wear casual clothing, the restaurant is a bit pricy but well worth the money. I would recommend reservations as this is a popular spot on Grand Ave in St. Paul. Valet parking is available