“Divine Salads”

Salut Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 935 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milton Avenue
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
Description: Salut Bar Americain is a neighborhood brasserie that offers classic bistro favorites like French Onion Soup, Salade Nicoise, and Steak Frites, as well as fresh seafood, burgers, sandwiches, and an array of daily specials. Whether you feel like Champagne and oysters or a burgers and fries, Salut can complement your selection from our full bar and well-selected wine list. Salut's private dining spaces are cozy, intimate and welcoming. Perfect spaces for private events that require a unique setting. When privacy is called for and you're hosting a business affair or a groom's dinner Salut offers unique dining options featuring chef prepared menus.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The recent heat wave kept the four of us in the nicely air-conditioned dining room. I was impressed with the promptness of seating, taking our orders and the service. I request for separate checks was honored without hesitation. Three of us had salads; I had the beet and arugela salad that I had enjoyed on a previous visit and was pleased again with the taste, another had the Greek salad that was as tasty as it looked, and the third had the spinach and strawberry salad that was good (she said), but it looked a little difficult to eat. The fourth member of our party had a sandwich (very generous) and a small salad. Without hesitation the waitperson brought us a second serving of bread and butter, which was delicious. I had just water but the iced tea and coffee certainly looked tempting. Overall it was a very good meal in an enjoyable yet noisy surroundings. The checkered tablecloths gave the restaurant a very nice appearance and the wine list is extensive. I cannot agree with a previous diner who said that "the Salut could have been of the Left Bank in Paris."--hardly an accurate description. To me there's not a French feeling to the restaurant, good as it is.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We came to wish a family good bye on a plane ride so we had to eat quick so they could leave. The waitress was very courteous of that as she put it their orders in front of the non out of towners. The poor waitress was so overworked, doing every table outside and it looked like some on the inside. None of us were extremely hungry so we only ordered appetizers, completely fine with the waitress. I got the deluxe sliders, very good and a kiddy cocktail. With 6 adults and 3 kids all getting food and drink, the tab was only $70. Very good and will be back.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

An anachronism by any other name.... The Salut could have been off the Left Bank in Paris - I think that they were going for that feel. Great outdoor seating and typical bistro fare with a bit of flair. Nice servers and nice menu. Make it a destination on Grand Ave.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been there several times. Last Saturday we were six for dinner. The french fries are awesome....however if it's not steak or a hamburger beware. One of our dinner guests said that she never had a good meal at Salut. My husband ordered the salmon a la moutarde. The salmon was breaded and overcooked and very petit. It sat on a bed of lentils and veggies that looked awful....overcooked, old and mushy. He ate the salmon but we sent the rest back. The waitress was very nice. They took 50% off the cost and gave him a free dessert. Which was very nice. He chose a creme brule which turned out to be a pudding form...overly sweet not made from scratch. Did I mention that the entree was $27+.
Stick to the steak and fries.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had lunch with a friend at Salut on Grand Avenue yesterday. This was my first time there, and although I loved the patio and the ambiance, I was not impressed by the food. I had the salmon goat cheese omelet which was overcooked and dry. It came with a mini croissant, which was tasty, but it had the distinct flavor of the pillsbury biscuits that come out of a can. My friend had a slice of quiche, which was on the small side but had more taste than my omelet. The service was good but not great. Not sure if I will return.