“Disappointed”

Salut Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 907 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milton Avenue
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had lunch with a friend at Salut on Grand Avenue yesterday. This was my first time there, and although I loved the patio and the ambiance, I was not impressed by the food. I had the salmon goat cheese omelet which was overcooked and dry. It came with a mini croissant, which was tasty, but it had the distinct flavor of the pillsbury biscuits that come out of a can. My friend had a slice of quiche, which was on the small side but had more taste than my omelet. The service was good but not great. Not sure if I will return.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had an hour before my next move, and I wanted oysters. The parking is great, the outdoor patio is large and beautiful. Looks great inside. Yes, I can't get too much Edith Piaf. The oysters were fantastic as was the lemonade and cold potato and artichoke soup. It was 95 degrees, and I sat in the sun... and loved it. Cool subtle breezes... elegant garden... walls covered with leaves and flowers. Isolation from noise is a big plus. Perfect service. Yes, I have been to the Edina location which I also loved

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ate there over the holiday weekend. Very nice, friendly staff, good food. My sister and niece enjoyed the French fries. Loved the atmosphere. They have a beautiful patio, but it was too hot to eat outside.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Enjoyed a relaxing Friday afternoon lunch on Salut's patio next to the Grand Avenue sidewalk. Fun to people-watch and enjoy a few sun rays while sipping a cocktail and experiencing great service and good food. The jumbo shrimp cocktail is served in a smoking dish with a fabulous cocktail sauce in the middle. MMM!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I do not eat here often but when I have, I have not been disappointed. The atmosphere of the restaurant is charming with plenty of light and a nice outdoor seating area. The service is attentive without being overbearing and the food is good. The portions are not excessively large as in other restaurants.