“A good lunch”

Salut Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 923 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milton Avenue
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I do not eat here often but when I have, I have not been disappointed. The atmosphere of the restaurant is charming with plenty of light and a nice outdoor seating area. The service is attentive without being overbearing and the food is good. The portions are not excessively large as in other restaurants.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love my steak raw and sometimes it is hard to find a place to do it right, but Salut does! They also have duck on the menu which I also love! If I'm going for a light lunch I love to get their french onion soup. They also have a wonderful patio and happy hour.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Salut has very good food and the ambience is sutle and sleek. I have visited it twice and had drinks and appetizers at the bar. The crab cakes are delicious. Nice place for couples and adults.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Salut is a perfect place to have a party! We were welcomed into a side room that was perfect for our group of 20 or so. Appetizers, wine and champagne to start; Eggs Benedict and lemon cake to finish. Wait staff, privacy and PARKING! The best!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I;ve been here a few times, most of the time the food is above average, but this lat time, it was mediocre. The steak was supposed to medium rare, but was served medium. The fish was also not as good as I have had in the past.