“Dinner was okay”

Salut Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 889 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milton Avenue
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Dinner was okay”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I;ve been here a few times, most of the time the food is above average, but this lat time, it was mediocre. The steak was supposed to medium rare, but was served medium. The fish was also not as good as I have had in the past.

Visited March 2013

“Gotta get the fries”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for some apps and desert. The escargot was good but in my opinion needs more garlic. The Greek salad was on the mark. We capped it off with a lemon tart that was wonderful. Bur the fries. We love the fries. Can't say enough about it. It's Grand Avenue and they have parking!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Much food very good, but french onion soup only ok”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A friend, neighbor suggested this. We had a fun, feisty wait person. One of us said her Quiche Lorraine was the "best she's ever had." Our friend had a cheeseburger, which he liked a lot. I had a very good chicken club sandwich. Also had french onion-soup, which I expected to be great. It was ok - not much taste. Had a chocolate cake and ice cream for desert. Good, but not incredible. Wait person had recommended the creme boule. She also recommended the chicken sand. I'd ask wait people for advice here - she was nicely frank (and we gave her 20% tip in part as thanks)

This place is not cheap. Sandwiches are $12+ Lots of wine and beer options. Very pleasant inside. Two options: a bar area with tables, and a dining area. You can eat in either place.
There is a modest size parking lot and on-street parking available.
They have a patio which (this being March and Mn having had snow this am) was not open. Once of us has eaten on the patio.
Would give this place a solid B+ - vg wait person, some very-good to excellent food. Some ok. Prices are higher than some other places with similar food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Seniordad
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent Service, Good Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The restaurant is very nice, service was outstanding and the food was good but nothing extraordinary. My husand order escogot and they came to the table cold. I notified the waitres and she promptly brought out a new order. I really love the location on Grand Avenue but I just wasn't wowed by the meal. I will try it again maybe over the summer.

• Visited February 2013
“Great Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a great Sunday brunch. Started with the complimentary bread sticks followed by croissants with maple cinnamon butter and jam. Then we ordered the eggs Benedict and seafood crepes. All were delicious.