“Great Sunday Brunch!”

Salut Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 908 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milton Avenue
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a great Sunday brunch. Started with the complimentary bread sticks followed by croissants with maple cinnamon butter and jam. Then we ordered the eggs Benedict and seafood crepes. All were delicious.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I'm easily pleased but rarely excited.....saluts mussels were the best I've had Ina. Long time. The boullabaise was perfect and the flatbread was great. Met with some friends and has a messy awesome dinner.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I really enjoyed the food here. I had the steak sandwich which was fantastic. My better half had the Beef Wellington and it was perfect (outside crust light and flaky not soggy like other subpar wellingtons). We also had the Oysters rockefeller and the brussel sprouts -both were amazing especially the sprouts! And the bread......wow. Service very good informative without being pushy and snobbish. Will definitely be going back here......

Reviewed December 30, 2012

First time eat at Salut. Saw 3.5 overall rating on another web site, but our experience was top notch. It was spur of moment decision, and they were already booked, but accepted walk-ins who were willing to wait 20 to 30 minutes. We sat at the bar where a friendly and efficient bartender took care of us. The baked brie cheese appetizer was very well done, and the meatballs were no different. The meatballs had a Moroccan pepper spice which added a unique flavor.

All the entrees we later ordered were excellent. Walleye wrapped in paper; sea bass in pepper and mussel sauce, sea scallops. Our server, Thorne, was very helpful and knowledgeable about the dishes and flavorings. Wine was very reasonable, French baguettes were fresh, and everything was served hot and on time.

Dessert was a pumpkin creme boulet, which was enough for several. Without even asking, Thorne brought spoons and forks for all. My daughter snuck away and told them it was my birthday, and they brought a nice plate of French profiterole (my spelling is probably wrong - cream puffs with whipped cream and chocolate sauce).

There is a convenient parking lot on premise. Overall, an excellent experience.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had a salad that was very good. I was having lunch with a couple of friends and the restaurant didn't rush us out of there as we had a lot to catch up on and stayed a couple of hours. Good service. No hassle about separate checks.