“Nice People, Average Food”

Strip Club Meat and Fish
Ranked #53 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice People, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

First, I must mention that we visited on a very busy night at a peak time. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere but there was NOWHERE to stand while we waited for your table. Huge bummer as we went a few minutes early to have a drink, but that wasn't possible. It was a nightmare moving from place to place to avoid the servers (who were all super polite) bustling around while we tried not to hover over people while they ate their dinner. We started with the lobster bisque-- I couldn't eat it as it was way too buttery/heavy. I had the filet, friend had the strip. Mine tasted like fish. We politely mentioned it to our server who responded that it's probably because it's "grass-fed beef." We asked if perhaps it was grilled next to some fish and she said no. I don't know what to say other than that my filet tasted like fish. She was very nice and we didn't ask for any compensation and weren't offered any either. My martini was perfect, however. There are really good steak restaurants in the Twin Cities, this isn't one of them.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Anne-B737

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Birthday dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We ate at the Strip Club last night. The service was very good. We had a really attentive waiter. All of the staff were professional and friendly. The food was just good. I had the filet and it was 42.00. It came with a lot of mediocre tasting carrots. My HUBS has the "meat du jour" which was a duck dish. He thought it was okay. We are not food snobs but couldn't really see why the filet was so expensive. We LOVED the atmosphere. It is a small place and we were sat in a busy waitstaff walkway so we got bumped into a lot but they were apologetic. It's a really cozy place on a cold Minnesota night. I had a glass of wine called Shebang. I enjoyed it. HUBS had a lemon drop martini which was made very well. We will go back.

• Visited February 2014
Plymouth, Minnesota
“An overall "average" experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went to Strip Club for dinner for a friend's birthday with a large party. We had reservations for 8:30pm and had to wait until 9:00 to be seated because they were busy. Normally not a huge deal but was a bigger deal being that we already had late dinner reservations. We did have an awesome server that did a great job explaining the entire menu and gave us overall great service. We started with the soup du jour (it was a mushroom and wild rice soup) and that was delicious! We also had the fried vegetables and they were "good" but would have been better if there weren't so many onions in there. Throw me another piece of broccoli! I ordered the NY Strip and my husband ordered the Filet Mignon. After reading other reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor, we decided to order them "up" from what we usually do. I usually order mine medium but went with medium well and it was perfectly medium cooked. My husband did the same and most of his was medium rare. Why some steak places cook their steaks differently is beyond me! The steaks all come with a huge pile of shaved carrots and the rest of the sides are a la carte. We ordered the mushrooms (fantastic) and the roasted fingerling potatoes (just ok) as our sides and they were more than enough for the 2 of us. When it came to dessert, they only had 3 to choose from and none of them sounded interesting to us so we passed on them. Their drinks were fantastic! I've read awesome reviews on their bartender and he definitely lived up to the expectations! I have to mention that they don't have their "sauces" anymore and apparently that made the experience even better. Would I go back? If someone invited us with them there, yes. If we had to choose a restaurant we probably wouldn't go back.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The service is outstanding. I have never seen such a completely unique friendly atmosphere. I had the steak and my wife had the scallops. The food was good but not worth the price. The service from the bartender to the wait staff, from start to finish, made it for me.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
“Always a favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Been coming to The Strip Club for years and it is consistently the best service in town. My wife and I are welcomed as genuinely as if we were old friends (which we probably will be in a few more years of visits). Dan is the best bartender in town, in regards of service, skill and friendliness. While all the servers are very good, I'm always a little sad if Tim isn't there. JD is the tops in the kitchen and my water glass has never been empty thanks to jack-of-all-trades Bentley.
Yes, the meals are expensive, especially considering the neighborhood, but the warm atmosphere easily makes up for it. I do miss the additional sauces that used to be available with the steaks, but their absence has encouraged me to explore more of the excellent options on the rest of the menu.
My favorite place to eat in anywhere in the state.

Visited November 2013