“Wonderful Staff, great food”

Strip Club Meat and Fish
Ranked #58 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful Staff, great food”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this place a few times now. Mostly for Sunday brunch. The food is amazing. It's so flavorful and the presentation is amazing. Would suggest the loggers tower and the shrimp trampi. The portions are great and the prices are reasonable. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Definitely recommend giving this place a try.

Visited April 2013

Edina, Minnesota
“Pleasures of the Flesh”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went there with friends for a weekend dinner and had a very pleasant, enjoyable evening. Be advised that this is not part of the big restaurant "Strip Club" chain that we've seen in Houston and elsewhere; it's independent, on the smallish side and in a neighborhood-ish setting east of downtown St. Paul, all of which add to the appeal. We went with small plates, salads and entrees; among the small plates, the Meat on a Stick (not like the State Fair), pork belly and tenderloin schiacciatta (read, steak tartare) were terrific. Romaine salad was tasty as well and easily split between two or even four. As for entrees, the duck and the NY Strip were both great. Our waiter was a gem -- very knowledgable, funny and attentive without being overly so. Nice cocktails, and good beer and wine selection (although a bit short on tap beers). My only knock on the place, and this is a minor one, is that characterizing it as a "meat and fish" house is a bit of a stretch; the seafood selections are scanty and don't compare to the carnivore side. Still, this is a delightful place and well worth the pilgrimage across the river.

• Visited March 2013
“A surprise”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We heard about The Strip Club on the radio and had to try it.
The place is very welcoming. We were seating up stairs. Be warned there is a narrow spiral stair case.
My husband ordered a couple of the specialty drinks, one with egg white and the other with tequila. He said they were both very good.
We ordered appetizers because we were told they were small and wouldn’t spoil our appetite. This was true, but they were average at best. We had the oysters and calamari.
This made us worry about our dinner. Luckily to our surprise the main course was fantastic! We had the fish special and filet mignon. The filet mignon was the best I’ve ever had! You could cut it with your fork. It beats Seven in Minneapolis and Gianni’s in Wayzata. The fish was cooked and seasoned perfectly.
The service was outstanding all around. We’ll definitely go back. Just next time skip the appetizers.

Things to watch out for:
• Not wheelchair friendly. Didn’t notice a ramp. Not sure how to get in then. Be sure to ask for lower level seating if you have walking problems.
• Side walk and cross walk to get to there was slippery. Not sure if this is the city’s responsibly or restaurants?
• There is one bathroom. It was all wet and had a terrible smell. They need to take care of the one restroom they have better.
• They crowd people into tables near the kitchen and restroom. I’d be leary sitting there for fear of having food dropped on me or someone run into me while eating.
• Parking across the street in the Metrostate lot is free on the weekends.

• Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Here with a large group for a Sunday brunch earlier this month. Reserved the loft area upstairs. The service was impeccable. Our waiter was great! Wish I could remember his name, but he was professional, courteous and very knowledgeable. I had a breakfast dish with shrimp and it was delicious. My husband and others in the party had the logger tower and it was great! Wonderful place with great atmosphere, great service and affordable prices. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

1 Thank MrsArnold266
St Paul, MN
“Great Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful romantic night at the Strip Club eating perfectly cooked steak and sea bass while sharing a bottle of wine. The atmosphere is perfect with low lights, red candle jars and quiet music. This was a neighborhood gem I did not know about and am so glad I found!

• Visited October 2012