“Sunday Brunch could be better”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Grill, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
“Sunday Brunch could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The place was empty so we had the place to ourselves, The food was not hot because we were the only one there, there wasn't enough turnover, I think. The guy making the omelets, couldn't do 2 things at once, I at a time and didn't serve any waffles while making omelets, He was really slow. It might be better when there is a full house, but there are a lot of places that do great brunches.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jeff L

“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Granite City was centrally located for a Mother's Day get together for 10 people. I called the day before about making a reservation for 5pm. The employee told me they weren't taking any more reservations for that time, but to come on in and they would get us seated. Sounded a little odd, but ok. Of course, when we showed up the place was very busy. The host was surprised at my story of being told to just come on in with a group of 10. He explained I should not have been told to just come on in. He was very apologetic and said if we would like to wait the estimated 40-50 minutes they would supply a couple of appetizers on the house. We waited about a half hour and were then updated that it would still probably be a long wait, but suddenly a few high-tops opened in the bar area. They offered to put together some high-tops and we took that. We got seated and ordered drinks and appetizers when we were told of a reservation no-show. They offered us a table in the dining room which we took. We got moved and perhaps somewhere in the move, our orders got mixed up and our food started coming out one person at a time. It appeared from looking around the restaurant that our experience was not the norm. The other tables seemed to be running smooth. We did not ask to speak to the manager, but she came over on her own to give us a huge apology for the mix-ups. Without asking, we were given the free appetizers promised earlier, a $50 discount off the bill, and free deserts, and very nice staff to boot. The food review...due to the mix-ups, a couple items in our group had cooled before they got to the table. Those were graciously taken care of and the rest of the food was very good. The atmosphere and décor was very nice also. We would certainly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank dave819
Hutchinson, Minnesota
“Great Food Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place is great food, great service I went on Sunday for brunch. A nice wide variety of food choose from I love this restaurant

• Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bloomington, MN
“Happy Hour is when I visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Have never been here for dinner, only Happy Hour. I enjoy a mug (or two) of their IPA and a flat bread pizza. Yummy. Join their Mug Club for $10 and enjoy larger beers and meal discounts.

• Visited March 2013
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
“Home brew beer taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The food here is really amazing. I have ordered many different things and have been happy with all of them. They brew their own beer here, I haven't tried it but have heard it is good. The mixed drinks are always tasty as well.

Visited October 2012