“I can't get enough of this place!”
Review of Thanh Do Restaurant - CLOSED

Thanh Do Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Texas Ave. S.
Transit: Thanh Do is located on the 17 bus line.
Description: Welcome to Thanh Do Restaurant! The new generation of Asian Cuisine. Celebrating over a decade in St. Louis Park, Thanh Do Restaurant serves Pan-Asian cuisine, featuring flavors from China, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, and more. Chef and Owner Thom Pham has composed a menu that features traditional Asian cuisine as well as items that fuse traditional Asian ingredients with key Minnesota components - creating a flavor profile uniquely its own. The menu features an array of Soups, Curries, Noodle and Wok Dishes - and includes classics such as Fried Rice, Basil Supreme, and Sesame Chicken, as well as Nouveau dishes like Seabass with chive blossom and squash with a pineapple, mango, ginger relish.. Considered by many to be a gem of both the neighborhood and city - our guests can often be found traveling from out of the area to feed their craving for our famous Egg Rolls or Cranberry Wontons. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Duluth, Minnesota
“I can't get enough of this place!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

You wouldn't guess that food so wonderful could be found in this nondescript location. I encourage you to visit. I have eaten here at least a half dozen times. Being from out of town where the ethnic food choices are limited we look forward to visiting restaurants in the twin cities. This one is high on our list.

We are consistently impressed with the food and the service at Thanh Du. The food is tasty, hot, fresh--the won ton noodle soup iss delicious-very ample serving (I couldn't finish my "bowl") and filled with wontons and fresh vegetables. The kung pao chicken-outstanding. Their cranberry won tons are wonderful (sounds weird but they are addicting!), and the fresh spring rolls are just that-fresh, tasty, served with a delicious peanut sauce. We also had the pleasure of a terrific server--attentive, happy, knowledgeable. This has been true of all our visits. We finish our meal and can't wait to come back!

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Kim R

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hidden in a rather run down strip mall with some interesting stores is Thanh Do. I had purchased a Groupon for Thanh Do, otherwise I am not sure we would have ever eaten here as we have driven by the area several times and I had never noticed it. We had an excellent meal, we ordered some things that our waiter recommended and were very happy with the food. My husband made the mistake of having his food prepared extremely mild and it ended up just being kind of one note, but that was his own fault. That being said, the scallops in his order were prepared perfectly! We can't wait to go back as there were lots of incredible sounding items on the menu!

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank 7ContinentsExplored
Plymouth, Minnesota
“My new favorite restaurant”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food here is absolutely delicious (except for the calamari). I almost always have the red curry dish and the portions are easily enough for two. The "bowl" of soup is more like a tureen it's so big - and tasty. Our waitperson was very personable, nice, and attentive - a real refresher in this day and age. Their prices are very good - so when I use a Groupon I almost feel guilty. If you like Big Bowl - you'll love this place.

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank tdwallst
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Gem in the western suburbs”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Don't let the neighborhood or the strip mall setting fool you -- this is a great restaurant. Once inside, it's spacious with lovely decor, high ceilings and a warm ambiance. The service was very good. The papaya salad, the Vietnamese curry, and the Arctic Char were all excellent. We were disappointed in the Happy Shrimp appetizer, but the other 3 treats made up for it. The sweet rice with mango for dessert was also really good. We were fans of Thom Pham's Azia restaurant in Minneapolis, and thought it too good to be true that he'd have a suburban Asian fusion restaurant. But he does, and we'll definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank EllenLW
Bloomington, MN
“Amazing Thai Food and Service!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Tried out Than Do for the first time and am so glad I did. Had the Cranberry Curry w/ Shrimp....it was amazing. It was such a wonderful combination of flavors, spices, and textures. The environment at this place is nice too.

• Visited December 2012