“The return of the "plush" theater!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Showplace Icon Theatre
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was so unhappy when the old Cooper theater left us in St. Louis Park (remember plush seating, unique areas for people with children, even areas for smoking). Then here comes the Icon at West End. I almost hate to share it with others, as I may not get a seat next time.

I went with several of our adult children and their significant others to the Hunger Games movie. We had eight (8) of us in the premium VIP (21 and over) and three (3) in the regular seating area (under 21).
We bought the tickets online in advance and all got great seats together. In the VIP, the seats were large, comfortable, with a "cubby" between seats for storing your purse, coat, etc... We were able to order two meat and cheese trays (that include dried fruits and nuts as well) and had a few cocktails (wine and beer), also. I felt like it was my own movie theater at home!
We even had four (4) extra tickets (some in our party couldn't make it), and the theater bought them back from us on the spot! I couldn't believe it. I told them about it as we were walking in and they quickly offered to buy them back from us. The whole process took like three minutes.

Tip:
Be forceful at the bar upstairs in getting your order to take into the theater. Stay to the north side of the bar past the hostess stand, and be polite in asking others if they are waiting to order something or just standing there. Sooner or later you'll get your goodies.

There are newer reviews for Showplace Icon Theatre

Reviewed November 6, 2013

They have real butter for their popcorn! What more do want? Reserved seating, a bar, bacon popcorn, comfortable seats? They have all that too! By fat best place to see a movie in the TC

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I love that you can sit upstairs and watch a movie and have a beer for the same price as a regular seat, if you are a Icon Movie Club member, which is free. Its a great Thursday night, date night, each week when they have something new playing.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was very surprised to get reserved seats when you buy a ticket. You use a monitor to choose where to sit just like on a plane. The seats are very comfortable and it is stadium style with great sight lines.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is my favorite place to see a movie. I love the. Fact that you can pick your seat when you pay for your ticket. Staff is extremely friendly. The theater is very clean. No need to have to worry about someones head being in your way with setup of each viewing room. And the seats are so comfortable. Because of the location, we often go to see a movie before noon (which is very inexpensive), then out for lunch at one of the great options in the area. Truly the best movie theater in Minnesota!