“Just what we wanted”
Review of Cooper Pub

Cooper Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Xenia Avenue
Description: Cooper brings European style to a warm, friendly pub with food that is a destination in itself. The menu includes hearty pub classics with and without twists, vegetarian and ethnic specialties, lighter dishes to satisfy wee cravings, and homemade soups and sauces. Our happy hour highlights a round-the-clock sense of value, with a diverse appetizer menu and loads of drink options. Our Wee Lunch, which includes salad, fries and wee sandwich or burger, is perfect if you normally don’t split or share items. We haven’t limited ourselves to traditional Irish fare – healthy choices abound which will satisfy your hard-working appetite any day of the week. The Pub Life is our heart. Relax with a newspaper and a 2 Gingers Whiskey, invite some friends for stimulating conversation over perfectly poured pints, or engage in some old-world-inspired friendly competition over a game of darts or billiards. Whichever you choose, come in. Make yourself at home. Stay a while.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at a nearby hotel and found Cooper a convenient walk down the block. The inside looked nice but it was a perfect evening and we chose to enjoy an outdoor umbrella table. Good selection of beer, reasonably priced wines by the glass, and interesting appetizer menu (honestly can't remember what I had). But I do remember my delicious macaroni and cheese with grilled chicken and my husband's great walleye sandwich (large portions). Service was excellent, attentive but not smothering or rushed. I highly recommend!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

That pretty much covers it; the food was good, the service decent, but it was so loud inside we wished we'd chosen to dine outside on the sidewalk instead-- and that was on a Wednesday. Tad pricey too.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I live in a rural area. So it was fun to sit outside on the sidewalk, with traffic nearby. Shopping and other restaurants all around. Food was good, unique food choices. Some usual pub foods, but some interesting choices also. Wait staff attentive. A very enjoyable time.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We ate at Cooper's before going to the movie theater across the way. We chose to eat outside in the patio area; so cannot speak to the atmosphere inside. The service was fast and friendly and the happy hour specials offered great value. I had the punjab glory; It was delicious; vegetables were perfectly cooked (a little crunchy, not reduced to mush). The curry sauce was perfectly spiced, if you like things a bit hot, as I do. My friends both opted for the Rachel, which was made with real Turkey and not processed sandwich meat and the side salad accompanying their meal looked fresh and appealing. I would definitely eat here again. Another plus is that there is plenty of free parking in the immediate area (parking garage). However, not the right place, if you are looking for quiet conversation.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great atmosphere if not a bit loud. Excellent staff and great happy hour food to compliment great drinks.