“Tasty”
Review of Rojo Mexican Grill

Rojo Mexican Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rojo Mexican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16th St & West End Blvd
Transit: Accessible by MET Council Bus lines 9, 604 and 649. Ample bike parking available.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First time there and it was very good and the service I had was excellent. I was out with my daughter and we were hungry after going to an all day affair. Their choices were excellent for getting something small but yet enough.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Having been to the location in Omaha several times, I was looking forward to sharing a few drinks with friends on a Friday evening. Unfortunately, out experience here did not measure up to our expectations.

Mixed drinks were expensive and not good. The red sangria was undrinkable. I waited half an hour before our server came back to our table to order a different drink (to their credit, they did at least remove the sangria from our bill).

Service overall was sparse and inattentive.

To top it off, the bar area was so uncomfortably cold that we couldn't enjoy ourselves. Everyone in the area had to keep their coats on! There are definite insulation problems.

Based on this experience, I won't be returning. There are plenty of other places in town to get well-mixed drinks with better ambiance and service.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The happy hour leaves much to be desired but the regular menu shines. The tacos are tasty as are the enchiladas. The house chips and salsa are among the best anywhere, great flavored. Really good margaritas as well.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We introduced our friends to this restaurant last night and they thought it was the best Mexican restaurant in the Twin Cities. The margaritas are so delicious and served in wonderful stemware. The guacamole is very fresh and a 'must have' appetizer. I had the Carne Asada and loved it so much I would order it again. The fish tacos and the meatloaf are also very good. You will not be disappointed! Please note that the food is NOT super spicy, it is very flavorful.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here. I had the half chicken torta sandwich with a cup of chicken corn chowder. The sandwich was very good, better flavor than I'd had in a long time anywhere. The chowder was good too but could've been a bit hotter when it was served, My wife loved her tortilla soup but felt the serving in her bowl looked a tad skimpy. We also got the guacamole dip appetizer and it was very tasty. Service was great. We'd come back.