TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Madison, Wisconsin
“Not pleasant”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I didn't like this facility at all. I realize this is one of the lower tier of Marriott hotels, but it was older and just felt very uncomfortable to me. The flooring, design and furniture were what I would expect in a Motel 6. There were several things that demonstrated they weren't taking care of this property. One example is a bath towel that I had. I didn't expect luxury linens, but take a look at the attached picture. There is absolutely no way the laundry could have missed this tear, nor could housekeeping. Nonetheless, this was the bath towel I had in my room - and that tells me they are not overly concerned about their guests. The location isn't bad, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
James P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park, responded to this review, April 13, 2017
Good Morning,

My name is James I'm the new Manager here at Towne-Place Suites. I'm going through the reviews and noticed we feel short of the Marriott Experience. I would like to let you know that we've gone through a full renovation and I'm fully confident that you would be happy with the results. If you're ever back in the area I would love to prove what a wonderful experience Towne-Place Suites can be. If you have any further questions or have any needs for reservations in the future please feel free to email me at james.phelps@interstatehotels.com.

James Phelps
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is not easy to qualify a hotel stay as excellent from all standpoints, but this property surely deserves it. New, comfortable rooms, impeccably clean, very friendly staff, good prices. The room I got had a very nice desk with ample space to work. Definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I got an upper floor room, it was very quiet, no issues whatsoever.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jack S, Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites! We will definately share your information with our staff as we all love to hear compliments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, our facility and associates, we hope to see you in Minneapolis soon!
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed October 24, 2013

hotel is at a great location - and i dont really have anything bad to say but nothing that really stands out either - it's next door to spring hill suites which seems a bit nicer and cleaner - the staff at towneplace was very friendly and accomodating - the rates are good and presents a god value - if you are looking for inexpesive and no surprises then this is your place

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our facility! Guest Service and value are two items that we continuously strive to improve on a daily basis and we are glad that during your stay you experience both. Thank you again for choosing TownePlace Suites - Minneapolis West!
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Although my stay was just 1 night, I had a good restful sleep and enjoyed my stay. Each room here feels more like an apartment rather than a hotel. The quality of the flooring, countertops, etc is in line with a very basic/budget property, but everything was clean and I have no complaints. It represents a good value when staying with Marriott Rewards points.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jack S, Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites - Minneapolis West and your kind words about our facility! Our hotel is geared toward longer term stays with a kitchenette in each room, but we do enjoy travelers that require just a night or two. We hope that your next visit to the Twin Cities is in Saint Louis Park and TownePlace Suites!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I was leary of staying at this property given the mixed reviews. I got the room for low points and only needed one night so I decided to take a chance. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised. Very clean rooms (and I am a neat freak), good for business travelers, huge new working desk, free wifi, friendly staff, good night's sleep, superb central location...what more do you need? Yes, the kitchen appliances are a bit dated as others reviews have stated, but so what. They work just fine and are very clean and well maintained. If you have points or a good rate this property is definitely an excellent value.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites-Minneapolis West for your visit to the Twin Cities and being a valued Rewards member! We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and greatly appreciate the compliments about our staff and facility. We hope to see you in the West End soon!
Shawnee, KS, USA
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Excellent stay in this hotel with great location. Three nights visiting family. Very clean, efficient room, limited but good light breakfast. Excellent service. Good choice if you can use Marriott points or get a good rate. When rates are high, there may be better choices in area.. Really good value overall..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maple, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel offers in-room full kitchens, supplied with cookware, plates, silverware, glasses, etc.. as well as a nice kitchen table space and couch + chair - plenty of room for 4-- with bedrooms actually behind own door for privacy. Close to mall for shopping and a great short walk to theatres and nice variety of restaurants, etc.. Great for weekend getaway in cities and within 15 minutes or so of MSP airport.

Room Tip: I would prefer the two bedroom as opposed to 1 bedroom with couch sleeper if more than 2 of you stay...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jpurvis5575
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Louis Park
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Springhill Suites Minneapolis We...
#4 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - Park Place
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka

Been to TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park? Share your experiences!