“Great spacious suites at reasonable rates”

TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Maple, Wisconsin
“Great spacious suites at reasonable rates”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel offers in-room full kitchens, supplied with cookware, plates, silverware, glasses, etc.. as well as a nice kitchen table space and couch + chair - plenty of room for 4-- with bedrooms actually behind own door for privacy. Close to mall for shopping and a great short walk to theatres and nice variety of restaurants, etc.. Great for weekend getaway in cities and within 15 minutes or so of MSP airport.

Room Tip: I would prefer the two bedroom as opposed to 1 bedroom with couch sleeper if more than 2 of you stay...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jpurvis5575

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

When I go to Minneapolis, I like to stay in St. Louis Park. The room rates at places like this hotel are typically very reasonable, and access to downtown is very quick. Staying downtown is considerably more expensive, and other suburbs with hotels are a little further away (Bloomington, Edina, etc.). I've stayed at the SpringHill Suites here, which is part of the same complex. It's a little more upscale/swanky than this property, but can be more expensive.

Every interaction I had with staff at this hotel was positive. They always smiled and were friendly and helpful. I arrived late one night and left very early in the morning a couple days later, so I was glad for the attentive service.

The room itself was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had no issues with the climate control. I could hear some hallway noise, but nothing excessive. Outside of the hotel itself, there was very little noise that came into the room.

The decor of the hotel is a little dated, and that's my main complaint. The furniture in the room was wooden, and some of it looked almost college dormitory-like. But it was clean, and the TV was a newer LCD.

This hotel brand caters to both short-term customers and extended-stay clients, so some of the people are here for a longer period of time.

I didn't try the breakfast or use the kitchen, but they both seemed fine at a glance.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, considering the value. If you're choosing between this and the SpringHill Suites, you'd probably pay slightly more at SpringHill for a bit more of an upscale feel. But as far as cleanliness and comfort go, there isn't much difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service and the price was great for a family staying in their suite. Room had 2 beds and a sleeper couch so we could all be together. Short drive to Target Field. Would stay again. Thanks so much for making our stay so comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife, two girls, dog and myself stayed at the TownePlace Suites while work was being done to our house for 4 nights. It was perficatly acceptable, a bit small for the 5 of us but doable. We stayed because of the kitchenette and that they accepted dogs. The kitchenette was usable, but the oven was not full size so don't expect to cook a huge pizza. The hotel was accepting of pets and we appreciated this. Though if you do not like pets in your hotel, you may want to look else where. We did not find any unwanted evidence of other pets, though they were definetly around. The breakfast option were not large, but there was some food. All in all like the title says it was acceptable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the second building are a bit more private and do not overlook a parkingl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Monte Nido, CA
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Cheapest in the area and for good reason. Mushy mattress, and like a previous reviewer stated, a lack of morning hot water makes this location not such a great choice. Suggest paying a few bucks more and trying the competitive properties in the area.

More details:
Grab n' go breakfast was barely breakfast, with no other options close by.
Internet, even paying for the higher tier, was pokey.
Folks were friendly though, and there was HBO....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wayne P
James P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park, responded to this review, April 13, 2017
Good Morning,

My name is James I'm the new Manager here at Towne-Place Suites. I'm going through the reviews and noticed we feel short of the Marriott Experience. I would like to let you know that we've gone through a full renovation and I'm fully confident that you would be happy with the results. If you're ever back in the area I would love to prove what a wonderful experience Towne-Place Suites can be. If you have any further questions or have any needs for reservations in the future please feel free to email me at james.phelps@interstatehotels.com.

James Phelps
Manager
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had never stayed at a TownePlace before and didn't know what to expect. I got a great rate by paying in advance, and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The rooms are dated, mine had a pretty old stove. The breakfast options were just ok. Not sure why they would have an outdoor pool? Maybe it is nice in the summer. I had no issues hearing other people. The staff people I interacted with at the front desk where very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Missouri
Reviewed December 9, 2012

You would think that a motel designed for the extended stay would have drawers for you to put your clothes in. This one does not, unless it want to put them in the little cubby drawer under the TV. The noise from the other rooms and hallway is worse than a Super 8. There was a lot of noise from the hall all night due to football fans. I know it's not the motels fault when customers are noisy but it would be nice if it didn't sound like they were in the room with you. The TV is all the way across the room from the desk. On the positive side, all the staff that I have encountered have been very friendly. The beds are very comfortable and they have a very nice fitness room. I do not recommend this motel unless you have no other options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good Morning,

My name is James I'm the new Manager here at Towne-Place Suites. I'm going through the reviews and noticed we feel short of the Marriott Experience. I would like to let you know that we've gone through a full renovation with a new drawer system from Container Store and I'm fully confident that you would be happy with the results. If you're ever back in the area I would love to prove what a wonderful experience Towne-Place Suites can be. If you have any further questions or have any needs for reservations in the future please feel free to email me at james.phelps@interstatehotels.com.

James Phelps
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Louis Park
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - Park Place
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Springhill Suites Minneapolis We...
#4 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka

Been to TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park? Share your experiences!