“I love this place!”

Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Reviewed August 9, 2007

My wife and 10 yr. old son stayed here last August 5-7,2007 and had a fantastic time. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful in every aspect. When we asked for directions to a local mall they gave us a pre-printed sheet with exact driving locations that made it a snap. The same was true for directions to the Metrodome for an evening baseball game and to MOA. All were easy to get to and this was the day after the bridge collapsed which had a lot of traffic re-routed. The rooms are clean and the dinettes were handy. The complimentary breakfast was the best we've had since travelling in the Czech Republic. A pool and hot tub with adjoining exercise room that we all enjoyed and the best thing of all is the price at $70/night. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a family priced hotel that is clean, safe and easy to get around minneapolis from.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 21, 2006

I stayed at the Springhill Suites in St. Louis Park on business for one night in July. Originally I was supposed to stay two nights, but the room was so dirty I checked out and found another hotel.

Upon arriving I was told by the front desk clerk that I had just received "the last room in the hotel." Of course, I had a reservation. When I entered the room I was mortified by the crumbs on the floor (even in the bathroom vanity area), and the red and black marks on the walls. I couldn't believe that they could get away with charging $159 per night for that room, and immediately went to the front desk to voice my opinion.

The front desk clerk was very nice, and said he would have someone vacuum the carpeting; said that was definitely not up to Marriott standards. I left for dinner, and came back to find that the room had been vacuumed. The clerk also took $30 off my room rate, which was appreciated.

The best part about the room was that the bed was comfortable; had down or down-like pillows. Other than that, it was a dirty room, one I could not stand to stay in for another night.

I have not had great experiences at the lower end Marriott properties, in general. This was no exception.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank LoggingMoreMiles
Reviewed June 14, 2006

The hotel was very clean, every amenity you could think of. We arrived at 10 pm with a guaranteed, paid reservation for a room for 5 (2 adults, 3 children) and 2 queen beds, for 3 nights, and were told there were no more rooms with 2 beds, only rooms with one king bed and a love seat sofa bed pull-out, no other options. Needless to say, we spent an awful night sleeping crammed together. The next morning we were told to pack up all our belongings and bring them to the front desk by 10 am, and at noon they might have a room for us with two beds. With 3 children on an 8-day road trip this was very inconvenient and time-consuming. We did get another room with 2 beds, but the hassle was inexcusable to a travel-weary Mom with a family of five.

Aside from the poor service in this area, the beds and pillows (once we had enough of them!) were the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel. The breakfast on the 3 days we were there was good, but understaffed and too limiting of time of breakfast available-done at 9:30 on weekdays and done at 10 am on Saturday and Sunday. Coffee /tea was available 24/7. Business center internet service was down all 3 days I was there.

• Stayed: June 2006
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed September 8, 2005

Our stay was great! Breakfast was good, albeit a bit crowded on Saturday mornings. We had a mixup with some Bonus coupons, and Courtney the assistant manager was awesome! So courteous and went out of her way to make sure we were satisfied with our stay! Location of the hotel is excellent, right off I394, close to downtown...

• Stayed: September 2005
Reviewed July 19, 2005

My family stayed here for 1 night on vacation in July 2005. Nothing negative to say about his hotel. As with most "all-suite" hotels, they use the term "suite" rather liberally. Our suite was a large room that had a half-dividing wall between the beds and the sitting area (not a separate room).

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was good. The pool and jacuzzi areas were very nice too.

It's a good location a few miles west of downtown Minneapolis, right on the freeway. Our room was on the side away from the freeway so we did not hear any excessive noise from cars. There is a TGIFridays right across the street.

If in the area, we'll stay here again. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank gbthomas66
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed May 6, 2005

Desk folks were very nice and knowledgeable. Housekeeping was friendly and seemed to do a good job. Enjoyed the refrigerator and micro in the room. They also have high speed computer hook up at the desk in your room (suite). A great convenience to check on things back home. Free breakfast had sausage, egg patties, boiled eggs and a couple of those waffle makers. Personally, I love the freshly made waffles better than homemade ones. Definitely will return whenever I'm in the area. Very pleasant place and very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, MN
Reviewed September 25, 2004

We spent one Saturday night here in a king spa suite. The room was very clean, the jacuzzi was clean, the bathroom was large, but the sleeping area was rather cramped. The issue we had was with the smoke detector in the room. We had a nonsmoking room, and we were not smoking in the room. About 9:00 p.m., we had returned to the room from dinner, and the smoke detector began to beep about once an hour, but it would only beep once. We tried to ignore it. At 2:00 a.m., the beeping increased to about once every 30-45 minutes. By 4:00 a.m., it was beeping once every 4-5 minutes. I tried calling the front desk. I got no answer. I got dressed and walked to the front desk. No one was there. When I returned to the room, we tried putting up with it. At 4:30 a.m., my husband got dressed and went to the front desk. He met the attendant returning to the front desk. He informed the staff person of the problem, and the staff person accompanied my husband back to the room at approximately 4:50 .m. and removed the smoke detector from the ceiling, stating he would turn it in to Maintenance in the morning and have them follow up with the problem, and that maybe now we could get a little sleep. We had to get up at 6:00 a.m., so we ended up with about an hour of sleep. When we checked out, the (different) front desk attendant said "Oh, you were the ones that had the problem with the smoke detector." We said yes, and I again explained the problem we had. It was then that I learned that the person that removed the smoke detector at 4:50 a.m. was the general manager. If this had been a Radisson or Hilton property, I am sure we would have been moved to another room WITH a smoke detector for our safety and had the rate reduced for our incovenience. Not so at this property. We will stay at the Doubletree nearby the next time we are in St. Louis Park, or we will stay in downtown Minneapolis or even in Eagan. Also, the breakfast IS the standard continental breakfast, almost identical to the Holiday Inn Express. This would be a good no-frills hotel for the business traveler who requires little to no service, but I do not believe we were compensated appropriately for the problem we had with the smoke detector that needed its batteries replaced!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Louis Park
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis We...
#4 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - Park Place
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
Minneapolis Marriott West
Minneapolis Marriott West
#5 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park? Share your experiences!