Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Reviewed July 30, 2014

It is centrally located in the Minneapolis area with easy access to the major roads. The neighborhood is nice with restaurants and a few stores within easy walking distance. Free parking, clean rooms ( the thermostat actually does what you want, don't laugh, I have had to call the front desk in other hotels to have them send somebody up to adjust the thing), the breakfast is good ( perfect no, good yes), and the staff are friendly. The price/value ratio was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Docky B

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The service was what I would expect from a Marriott hotel with one exception. The night clerk seemed clueless when asking him a question that out of the ordinary...and just started at me without any comment. My friend and I just looked at each other afterward and had no idea what he was thinking.

The room was comfortable, clean, and everything worked well. The breakfast was a standard buffet for this level of hotel and it was nice to see a good selection of fresh fruit added to the basic items.

There was a nice pool and hot tub available. There was also a small but nice fitness center which I was planning to use. (I wish I had time to use any of this).

I recommend this hotel to anyone needing a room in the Minneapolis area.

Room Tip: our room faced the highway, and it was not a problem. So any room will work.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Friendly, one of the best set of people working behind the desk I have ever encountered. Clean rooms, nice pool/whirlpool, and breakfast was very good. This is a no-brainer if you're ever in the St. Louis Park area and need a quiet, clean, and friendly place to stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Rooms not bad though not able to fully utilize the amenities. Very frustrating to return to the hotel after a full day of soccer and the kiddos are not able to utilize the pool. A power hungry security guard saying he would call the city and the county police when there was a discussion to move the party to another room so the children could be supervised...since they were not allowed in the pool area was a little o er the top. I guess this hotel is not considered family friendly. Maybe the management should consider changing there policy. The breakfast is adequate though Homewood suites is far superior.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle L
Lori M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites-Minneapolis West. I am so glad to hear that you appreciated our accomodations. I hope that the extra space provided in our suites helped make your family's stay more comfortable. I am glad that your family had the opportunity to enjoy our extensive complimentary breakfast. On weekends, we tailor our breakfast to families by providing a make your own waffle station, fresh donuts from a local bakery, extensive topping choices for our oatmeal and cereals, eggs, breakfast meats and many other selections. I apologize for the manner in which you were treated by our security staff. I assure you that your experience will be addressed as a matter of training. We provide one hour from 10pm-11pm at the end of each evening for adults only to use our pool in attempt to offer them some relaxing time at the end of the night. We welcome families to enjoy our pool from 7am-10pm daily. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies. I certainly hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you and your family to our hotel in the future!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I wasn't sure what I was getting into at first after checking in only to find out that the key I had been given was to a room which was already occupied. After the awkward moment of walking into someone else's room, the lady at the front desk was very apologetic and gave me a new (unoccupied room). The rest of the stay was without incident.

The room was spacious enough for our 3 kids. 2 Queen beds and a sofa bed. The kitchenette area was also great. The room also had 2 flatscreen televisions. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was also good. The seating in the breakfast area was limited and we had a hard time finding a place to sit on Saturday because it was busy, but Sunday wasn't as busy and we didn't run into the same issue.

The location is only about 5 min to downtown and Target Field. We would definitely stay again.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We've been here for a couple of days now and I have to say that I'm sorry we paid in advance. I would like to go find another place to stay in MN. Housekeeping here didn't show up for 2 days, and today, after I called twice and insisted (because we have guests coming), they did come but did a poor job cleaning the room -- no toilet paper, towels lying around, blankets unfolded, soap stuck to tub. The staff barked at my daughter. I had to call last night for towels, coffee, shampoo, etc. This place isn't cheap. It's not that we can't clean up the place ourselves. But we are paying for standard hotel accommodations and service, and this place just isn't providing it. Can't recommend it.

1  Thank m r
Lori M, Assistant General Manager at Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in our housekeeping service and overall cleanliness and I apologize we fell short in this instance.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

Please feel free to contact us directly if we can be of any further service to you.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We really liked this hotel mainly due to the spacious room. Had 2 queen beds and sofa bed that may have been queen size also. Definitely enough sleeping space for the 5 of us. Space was definitely not sacrificed...at least not in the room I had booked using my Marriott points so I'm guessing they are all as spacious. Room came with a wet bar, fridge and microwave. Room location was not ideal due to being across from a really loud ice maker and also next to elevator. But surprisingly we couldn't hear any of that inside our room so what seemed like a turn off initially wasn't an issue at all... And that ice maker is really loud too. The only negative we experienced was the hot breakfast. Now it may have been a better quality if we were there earlier in the morning but we went closer to 9am on a weekday and the food quality sucked! The scrambled eggs were cold and felt rubberish and the sausage patties were over cooked so it was super chewy. The eggs felt like they came straight from the frozen section. My kids asked me if the food was real or not. Hahaha. The other offerings like fruit and yogurt were just fine though. There's also only one elevator next to the lobby. There might be another one at the end of the building but I'm not sure. This sucks too since some folks don't seem to have courtesy or elevator etiquette when we're coming off the elevator and they're trying to get on. Location of hotel to main road is not the greatest but there are a bunch of restaurants near by within walking distance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Louis Park
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 8 in Saint Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis We...
#4 of 8 in Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - Park Place
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 8 in Saint Louis Park
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Minneapolis Marriott West
Minneapolis Marriott West
#5 of 8 in Saint Louis Park

Been to Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park? Share your experiences!