“Too much Hype, not enough Entertainment”

Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The place was fine, but nothing fancy. During the week it's pretty much empty at night. I didn't go on the weekends, so it could be better at that time.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The restaurant was very charming but utilitarian feel to it. The booths are very large able to easily seat 4-6 people and a very large wrap around bar area. We arrived prior to 8:30pm on a Sat. and had dinner so we did not have to pay the cover charge for the live band that was playing that evening. The menu was typical SW food options, we had the ribs and rib-eye steak along with fried okra and other sides. The okra was done very well and not too greasy however the rib-eye steak was over cooked (I'd asked for med rare) and extremely thin cut (maybe 1/8") perhaps the 14 oz was =to the length of the steak and the ribs were sufficient as were the drinks. The waitress was friendly and helpful, but none of the less average. Being a true TX southerner, I was extremely disappointed in the quality of food and expected better, we were sadly disappointed.

1  Thank Kay P
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Some...ah...well...honestly, MUCH of the menu fare is, indeed, kinda heavy on the starch and grease, but you should have known. And then...there's the steak. Seriously. A $15 rib-eye that's better than half the steakhouses I've done business in. Tender and deadly. Wow. I never would have expected that. I've gone back for it four times, the quality is steady, the portions embarrassingly huge, and it's darn, darn good. The ambient vibe and the decor are, admittedly, tipping toward a combination of Alabama trailer court, Hee-Haw, playboy bunny and NASCAR, but, hey, it's clean, and the scantily clad barmaids are very efficient. It's not, repeat not, microbrew heaven, but, again, you knew that already. Shift your brain into neutral and go have the steak with a mason jar of beer, you could do a lot worse.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I went to Toby's for dinner on a Saturday night, it was not very busy and the food was just okay...

The reason why I am only giving them one star is becasue the waitstaff decided to give themselves an additonal tip on my credit card. As soon as I noticed this I called the resturant and they took down my information and said they will call me back, I have yet to hear back from them but plan on continually calling them.

I know it was not a mistake because I put a line thru the tip line to indicate $0 and left a tip in cash, as I know most people perfer to be tipped in cash.

2  Thank Gabe W
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Saturday night after the Gopher/Badger football game, six of us went to Toby Keith' for food and refreshments. The restaurant was very busy but we were able to be seated quickly. Our food and drinks were served promptly and we enjoyed the night life after the game. It was also nice to warm up after sitting through the game at 16 degrees. The staff was very pleasant.