“AMAZING Staff, great location - feels like my second home.”

Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Silver Bay, MN
“AMAZING Staff, great location - feels like my second home.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I get to the twin cities frequently and could (and have) stayed just about anywhere (including 4-star hotels like the Marquette downtown) but Saint Louis Park is by far the best, most restful hotel in the area. It's location at West End is SUPERB - right next to the area's best theater (it serves alcohol in the reserved area) and dining do if you do want to get out of the room you don't have to walk far (especially on those -20 degree nights) the thing that differentiates Homewood SLP from other hotels (even the homewood Mall of America) is the staff. They all pretty much know me by now and they go out of their way to be helpful (early room service when I need it, or holding something I've forgotten, etc) they did all of that BEFORE I was a loyal customer, so you can be rest assured that they are the reason I keep coming back. You can really stay anywhere, but the people and their commitment to service make this place exceptional.

• Stayed January 2013
hcrompton, Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
It is such a pleasure reading the kind comments you posted regarding your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites of St. Louis Park, MN! Your review will be shared with our entire team of associates! They all work hard to provide the highest level of customer service possible and go above and beyond to best accommodate our valued guests. We truly appreciate your loyalty and eagerly await your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in December. We enjoyed the suite with separate living room/kitchen area (love having a fridge), and were lucky enough to be there on a Thursday night where we got a free dinner as well (beef in gravy, noodles, salad, veggies). They offered a free shuttle service within a certain distance with very nice, helpful drivers. And the location can't be beat, next to all the bars/shopping/restaurants in the West End! The only downfall was we were put in a handicap suite without being told or asked if this was okay (I'd prefer not to be). But this is a nice, new, clean facility... thank you for the great service Homewood Suites!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hcrompton, Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Wow! What a wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our location to be convenient. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to host you again!
Orr, Minnesota
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I will repeat what previous reviewers have said--this is a great place, fresh and modern with spacious clean rooms, good-sized kitchen, free DVD's, large pool and great staff.

The breakfast was similar to other good hotel breakfasts, except this one featured lots of beautiful fresh fruit and a tasteful and relaxing area in which to eat. I noticed that light suppers, included in the price of the room, are served during week nights.

Our kitchen's large frig made it possible for us to bring in food after a day of shopping and then to heat it later, allowing us to have a relaxed evening in the room without going out later to search for a restaurant. However, there are several restaurants within walking distance if one chooses to do that.

Our DVD player didn't work, and Maria from the front desk spent a very long time trying to fix it, even bringing in another DVD. She went above and beyond the call of duty. Since she couldn't make it work, the maintenance man came in and got it straightened out

For those who like to shop, the Ridgedale Mall is about 4 miles down the road. For anyone wanting to stay in this area of the Twin Cities, you won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property here at the Homewood Suites of St. Louis Park, MN. We make every effort to provide a clean, comfortable, and homey environment for our guests to relax in while staying with us and we are happy you found this to be true! You “Girls Weekend” sounds like such a good idea and we are thrilled we could host you all. We hope to see you again!
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We needed to get out of the house for a while. So I took my wife and kids to the Homewood Suites in St. Louis Park. A wonderful hotel, wonderfully friendly staff, pool, clean room, affordable. The pool is standard- no hot tub... bummer- but the kids loved the pool. The breakfast buffet was very good. We made it a movie night with pizza and popcorn. The desk has movies you can check out to watch. Watch room comes with a DVD player. We liked the kitchenette and used it more than we thought. A great place to go.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TPImanager, Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
What a neat idea! We are thrilled you chose to stay with us for your “staycation” and were able to take advantage of many of our amenities during your stay. It is great to hear that our team of associates were friendly and accommodating to you and your family – they work hard to ensure all our valued guests have a positive experience each time they stay with us and we couldn’t be more proud of them! We are so happy that you could enjoy some quality family time at our property and would love to see you again! Thanks again for the 5 star review!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This spacious property lies just west of downtown Minneapolis in an area being upgraded by local developers. Up-scale apartments are being built just next door, there's a large supermarket (with pharmacy) only steps away, to say nothing of a cineplex, and a dazzling array of restaurants ranging from fast food to tablecloths-and-silver establishments. Parking is free and convenient.

The lobby is cozy and inviting and the dining area (with breakfast each morning and a limited dinner service Monday through Thursday as part of your room rate) is almost baronial with its high ceilings and airiness.

My standard suite was luxuriously proportioned and decorated in the standard earth tones, hints of gray and a rather odd assortment of art. There was a kitchen with full refrigerator, a two-burner (flat-top/flush) stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher along with cutlery, plates, glasses, etc. for four to say nothing of several serving vessels. There was even dish detergent provided. The living area featured a large couch with a good-sized ottoman on wheels along with a generously sized wooden serving tray if you didn't opt to eat at the kitchen table which sat three. There was a sturdy desk/table placed perpendicularly from the wall with an appropriately ergonomic chair. The king-sized bed was flanked by end tables with lamps and their was a conveniently placed wall plug for my C-PAP machine. The bathroom (where you also found the closet as opposed to the entry area as is customary) was spacious with the walk-in shower and commode in their own separate room.

I had a problem getting the TV to work the night of my arrival, called the front desk and they immediately offered to come up and have a look. I decided to hit the sack instead, but when I returned from my engagement the next afternoon, mentioned it at the front desk. Within a minute of my arrival, a maintenance man was in my room and fixed the problem quickly by replacing the batteries in the remote. (Note to self: always carry a supply of AA and AAA batteries!). I practically had to wrestle the guy to the floor to get him to accept a very modest tip. He felt is was a shortcoming on the part of the hotel and was fulsomely apologetic.

The front desk staff as well as the shuttle drivers were unfailingly courteous, smiling, and eager-to-help. Maybe it was because this was a week-end, but the hotel was also blessedly quiet throughout. I would find myself very comfortable here for a longer stay and can only hope to avail myself of that pleasure on a future trip to the Twin Cities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
TPImanager, Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed review regarding your stay with us. We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience in so many aspects of your stay including our convenient location, our team of associates, and the comfort of our guest suites. We strive to provide a comfortable, cozy, and clean environment for our valued guests to enjoy while staying with us and we are happy you agree! Your kind comments regarding the layout and quality of amenities provided in each of our guest suites are much appreciated and it is great to hear that the issue you had with the TV was fixed promptly and efficiently. We will share your feedback with our entire team! Thanks again for choosing to stay with us, and for the 5 star review! We would love to host you again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's close to everything in the twin cities and has several restaurants in walking distance along with lots of entertainment options. Property is new and modern and wi-fi is fast and reliable. Most important though is how good the staff is and how helpful they are. Phil and Scott at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome! I met Holly the GM at breakfast and she too was very pleasant. I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
TPImanager, Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Your kind comments will be shared with our team of associates and they will be so excited to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of our free high speed internet and found the location of our property convenient. Thanks again for the 5 star review!
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The more I stay with the Homewood properties, the more I am liking and appreciating these properties. The st. Louis park property and staff are no exception.

I just completed a 3 day stay here this past weekend and I have nothing but praise for the staff here. The rooms were tidy and clean, the breakfasts were consistent, and the staff was warm and professional. my husband and I are light sleepers and found zero issues with noise. (which is surprising given the close proximity of the freeway)

What really speaks to me is the compassion of the staff. One night when my husband came in we noticed this little kitty hanging around out front. When we informed the staff, they told us that the kitty had been hanging out there recently, but they were unsuccessful in numerous attempts to catch him. Being that it was so cold, they were leaving food and a box with a blanket in it out for him in an attempt to win his trust and try to rescue him. They had genuine concern for his well-being and safety which I found to be so touching.

This is a great staff, I encourage all who visit the area to stay with them.

Room Tip: We had room 602. It was quiet and comfy. It was west-facing so we didn't get the morning sunlig...