Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Paola, Kansas
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The only complaint I have about this hotel is the over abundance of chlorine in the pool. Other than that, the rooms, staff, breakfast, welcome home dinner and everything in between exceeded expectations as our experience always is with Hilton hotels.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the welcome home dinner if you can. Its available Mon through Thurs evenings, was...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback on our hotel. We sincerely appreciate you staying with us, and we are happy that you enjoyed all our amenities. Thank you for the comment on the chlorine in the pool area; I will have our Chief Maintenance Engineer look into this right away. Thanks again - we look forward to seeing you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Close (I mean really close...) to downtown Minneapolis - you get off of the freeway just prior to the big traffic jam up! Easy access to highways. Comfortable. Quiet. Clean. Friendly. Relatively new property. Better pricing than the downtown hotels! But... you need a car - what the heck this is Minneapolis with more roads than any other city this size.

Room Tip: No specific tips....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for the positive comments and for the 5 star review. We are happy to hear that the location was perfect for you, and the room was comfortable, clean and quiet. We really appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future
Wailuku, Hawaii
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is my 4th stay (a full week each time) in two months. Previous stays were relatively good -relatively clean. Now that summer is here, they are really booked and it's very crowded and understaffed. I arrived this time and they booked me into the smelliest smoking room saying that it is what I requested and that because they are fully booked there is nothing they can do and I cannot get a refund for the first two days thanks to a no refund in 24 hour policy. Well, I am sleeping in my car in the parking lot as it makes me ill to be in the room too long. Horrible to be paying almost $200 per night to sleep in the car. I also have to store my suitcase in the car in order for my clothes to not get stink as well. The only "remedy" is that they offer to stuff dryer sheets into the vents to mask some of the odor.

My reservation site has my preferences as no smoking, My Hilton Honors status indicates no smoking and my previous stays all were no smoking so it's hard for me to accept that I booked it as smoking. I make my reservations about 2-3 weeks in advance and there was no indication that it was any different.

Thanks to the way they are treating me -I do not plan to return. Just give me my moeny back so I can go to the Hyatt which understands and recognizes I am a repeat customer. I am also spreading the word to my company to beware of this property. I guess smokers will find this a wonderful property that puts smokers first.

Room Tip: After making a reservation, call the property after a few days to make absolutely sure you are not b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank waynew69
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize that you were unfortunately placed in a smoking room. Our staff always wants to ensure all of our guests’ requests are always exceeded, and I apologize that this wasn’t the case in this situation. We truly value your business and we hope that you will be a return guest in our hotel. We want to show you that we are able to exceed your expectations and receive a clean, comfortable, nonsmoking room on your next visit. I have refunded the first nights room and tax for your inconvenience of receiving the smoking room. Again, please let us know if there is anything more we can do. Our guests are very important to us, so we will do everything we can to regain your trust in our hotel.
NYC
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at this property for 3 nights and I have nothing but nice things to say about this Hotel. Clean, friendly, spacious. Location is very good. Big supermarket and pharmacy in walking distance. Many dining choices in walking distance as well. We loved a full size refrigerator and FREE Video lending library. You could check out up to 3 movies at a time to watch in your room. Kids had a blast with that. Breakfast was very good. Always fresh fruits as well as other healthy choices. Just one complaint. Why there is no black tea available? There are all those fancy shmancy herbal teas and Earl gray tea, but I would really like to have just a cup of regular black tea. I do not like those flavored ones. May be you should add just a regular black tea to your breakfast menu.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive comments on your stay. We are very happy to hear that your room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The staff takes great pride in their jobs, and I will be very happy to share this feedback with them. I do apologize that you were unable to have regular black tea; we do offer this ccomplimentary in both the rooms and the breakfast area so I will follow up to ensure this is always available to our guests. Thanks again, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you soon
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The suite hosts a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bath...two TVs and free wifi. The staff recommended supper at Cooper's and we will give it a try! This hotel is a real find after a week on the road.

Room Tip: This is a good choice in the Minneapolis area. The rooms are spacious, clean and there is no parkin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cknoppow
Thank you for your nice comments on your recent stay. We are very happy you enjoyed yourself at the Homewood Suites in St. Louis Park and we appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 9, 2012

First stay at this hotel. It was incredible. Location is near an Olive Garden, movie theater, and other shops and restaurants. About 10 minutes to Minneapolis. Check in was fast, and staff was friendly. Small snack and supply shop near front desk with DVD's can bring to the room. Breakfast area was large and accommodating with complimentary breakfast. Stayed in 1 bedroom suite. Room was clean. Room was a little smaller than anticipated. TV in bedroom/living room with DVD player. Kitchen area had everything you need with dishwasher. Bathroom was in the bedroom so took a little getting used to. Pool area was nice though no whirlpool. Didn't get chance to check out fitness center. Outside has a large patio area with BBQ grills and a basketball court. Highly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
hcrompton, General Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing the wonderful compliments to our hotel and staff. The staff will be excited to hear this excellent feedback. We always appreciate the recommendations to other travelers that are coming to the Minneapolis area. Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you back soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We used this lovely venue for our wedding guests to stay. All the out of town guests raved about the perfect location within walking distance to shopping and restaurants, and the great breakfast that was included. The staff was very easy to work with and so helpful in getting us checked in early enough for the wedding party to get ready for the wedding in our rooms. We also used the shuttle service they offer to bring guests to and from the wedding venue in Excelsior, MN which everyone was very thankful for. I'd highly recommend this hotel for reserving rooms at for your wedding guests! Thank you for keeping this bride cool, calm and collected every step of the way!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
hcrompton, General Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive feedback on our hotel. We are very happy that you and all of your wedding guests were very happy with their experience with us. I will share these comments with the entire staff. Congratulations on your wedding!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - Park Place
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis We...
#5 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Springhill Suites Minneapolis We...
#4 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End? Share your experiences!